Cheap BF3 upgrade? - yes i ran canirunit

Snowfox17

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
YqeSv.png

So I pass the minimum..however even after a reformat I feel my computer sluggish when just doing everyday things like opening programs and browsing the internet. I played the beta and it ran okay on high but was sluggish. Also I want to be able to stream while playing.

I'm not looking to upgrade the whole system, so if I was looking into keeping the dollars rather low what would you guys recommend? Another graphics card I think would be great, but is it possible to upgrade my quad core rather cheaply? Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Patrickoby1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
If you are looking for a $150 upgrade I would suggest buying a ATI Radeon 6850.

In the $200 range you should look at getting a GTX 560 TI.

The rest of your PC is more than good enough for gaming, and i'm guessing that your running a SSD because it's only 56GB, good choice lol :)

Snowfox17

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Hopefully I did this right; my motherboard is a "PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA3" version 5.14. Also I'm not too into this stuff - I know for the most part how to build a PC yet when it comes to what's compatible and what isn't I am at a total loss. Any of you have any motherboard/GPU/CPU suggestions? I'm looking at maybe a $200 upgrade.

Snowfox17

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010

HP Pavillion a6650f.

Sorry for the late reply. If I went to Tiger Directs tomorrow what would you recommend I buy for it? Maybe to run it in Ultra mode.