Cheap BF3 upgrade? - yes i ran canirunit

So I pass the minimum..however even after a reformat I feel my computer sluggish when just doing everyday things like opening programs and browsing the internet. I played the beta and it ran okay on high but was sluggish. Also I want to be able to stream while playing.

I'm not looking to upgrade the whole system, so if I was looking into keeping the dollars rather low what would you guys recommend? Another graphics card I think would be great, but is it possible to upgrade my quad core rather cheaply? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about cheap upgrade canirunit
  1. what motherboard do you have? AM2+ can usually witha BIOS update run an AM3 cpu. I def recommend another GPU for you for BF3.
  2. If you are looking for a $150 upgrade I would suggest buying a ATI Radeon 6850.

In the $200 range you should look at getting a GTX 560 TI.

The rest of your PC is more than good enough for gaming, and i'm guessing that your running a SSD because it's only 56GB, good choice lol :)
  3. Your PC needs a GPU upgrade. The CPU too, but I suggest you upgrade that later.
    And as Flint asked, which motherboard are you running?
  4. Hopefully I did this right; my motherboard is a "PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA3" version 5.14. Also I'm not too into this stuff - I know for the most part how to build a PC yet when it comes to what's compatible and what isn't I am at a total loss. Any of you have any motherboard/GPU/CPU suggestions? I'm looking at maybe a $200 upgrade.
  5. I believe Pegatron is an OEM division of Asus. Exactly what is the brandname and model of your computer.
  6. jaguarskx said:
    I believe Pegatron is an OEM division of Asus. Exactly what is the brandname and model of your computer.

HP Pavillion a6650f.

Sorry for the late reply. If I went to Tiger Directs tomorrow what would you recommend I buy for it? Maybe to run it in Ultra mode.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Computers Video Games