Can I activate bluetooth sprint on vzw?

Last response: in Network Providers
December 6, 2004 6:49:02 AM

I want a bluetooth phone, and I really dislike the mot 710. Sprint has
an new LG PM-325 coming out (maybe it's already out) that I really
would like to use on Verizon. Can a Sprint tri mode CDMA phone be
activated on Verizon?
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 3:51:55 PM

zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
> I want a bluetooth phone, and I really dislike the mot 710. Sprint has
> an new LG PM-325 coming out (maybe it's already out) that I really
> would like to use on Verizon. Can a Sprint tri mode CDMA phone be
> activated on Verizon?

No. The phone is subsidy locked to only work on Sprint.

It MAY be possible to obtain the unlock code, but seeing as this is a
brand spanking new phone, it might be a good while before someone
manages to figure out how to do this.

And assuming you do manage to get the phone unlocked, there is no
guarantee that data services will work correctly.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
December 6, 2004 11:34:10 PM

Actually,

I have a sprint T608 running on veriozn wireless right now... works
great. I was able to get the subsidy code with BitPim, and unlocked it
without a problem. Look around on the internet for a tutorial applying
to the t608 (you may be able to get some ideas to try on the newer
phones)

-Tom

dr.wireMORE wrote:
> On the lock: MAYBE, but will it work, unlikely but MAYBE as well.
The
> subsidy lock code isn't magic, and unlikely anyone will just "figure
it
> out". The lockcode is an algorithm of the esn of the phone AND your
phone
> number and perhaps something else. So, if it is a new phone: the
same phone
> if new given to one person, vs another person may have two lock
codes.
> Sprint will give you the code if you have reason. The questionis
then:
> will your phone work on VZW; can it be "flashed" for VZW: I DON'T
KNOW. If
> you got the phone for FREE, give it a try. If you have to pay money
for it
> and then try: your a better off person than I. dr
>
> "Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> > zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> I want a bluetooth phone, and I really dislike the mot 710. Sprint
has
> >> an new LG PM-325 coming out (maybe it's already out) that I really
> >> would like to use on Verizon. Can a Sprint tri mode CDMA phone be
> >> activated on Verizon?
> <snip>
December 6, 2004 11:34:37 PM

dr.wireMORE wrote:
> On the lock: MAYBE, but will it work, unlikely but MAYBE as well.
The
> subsidy lock code isn't magic, and unlikely anyone will just "figure
it
> out". The lockcode is an algorithm of the esn of the phone AND your
phone
> number and perhaps something else. So, if it is a new phone: the
same phone
> if new given to one person, vs another person may have two lock
codes.
> Sprint will give you the code if you have reason. The questionis
then:
> will your phone work on VZW; can it be "flashed" for VZW: I DON'T
KNOW. If
> you got the phone for FREE, give it a try. If you have to pay money
for it
> and then try: your a better off person than I. dr
>
> "Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> > zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> I want a bluetooth phone, and I really dislike the mot 710. Sprint
has
> >> an new LG PM-325 coming out (maybe it's already out) that I really
> >> would like to use on Verizon. Can a Sprint tri mode CDMA phone be
> >> activated on Verizon?
> <snip>
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 6:07:46 AM

On the lock: MAYBE, but will it work, unlikely but MAYBE as well. The
subsidy lock code isn't magic, and unlikely anyone will just "figure it
out". The lockcode is an algorithm of the esn of the phone AND your phone
number and perhaps something else. So, if it is a new phone: the same phone
if new given to one person, vs another person may have two lock codes.
Sprint will give you the code if you have reason. The questionis then:
will your phone work on VZW; can it be "flashed" for VZW: I DON'T KNOW. If
you got the phone for FREE, give it a try. If you have to pay money for it
and then try: your a better off person than I. dr

"Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I want a bluetooth phone, and I really dislike the mot 710. Sprint has
>> an new LG PM-325 coming out (maybe it's already out) that I really
>> would like to use on Verizon. Can a Sprint tri mode CDMA phone be
>> activated on Verizon?
<snip>
!