problems/Norton Antivirus & Internet Security

Re: Norton Anti Virus and Internet Security
since 2 days (even though my subscription is paid thru
february), I can no longer run the "live update". I get
the message that they "cannot retrieve catalog of file
available, verify internet connection".

After searching here and there, it may be that they want
me to buy and upgrade. I am not sure though. The computer
freezes at some point each time I try to pursue this
option. I never got a notification from Symantec and
cannot believe it would stop working, while I have paid
the subscription, and not notify people of the reason.
It's impossible to call them... they want a credit card
before they will talk to you!

Any idea? tanks

You didn't say what version of Norton you're running?

I was running 4.0, then I upgraded to 5.0. There are some serious issues
with 5.0. If you scan the entire hard drive, with thousands of files, it
completes the virus scan, then gives you a summary, showing it scanned only
a fraction of that amount! And yes, Liveupdate is not so lively these days.
In addition to that, I had to activate 5.0, three times! Symantec is aware
of the file misscount issue, and has no solution. I pulled 5.0, and went
back to 4.0, for now.

Sometimes you don't get what you paid for!

Bill Crocker

"Monique K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Re: Norton Anti Virus and Internet Security
> since 2 days (even though my subscription is paid thru
> february), I can no longer run the "live update". I get
> the message that they "cannot retrieve catalog of file
> available, verify internet connection".
>
> After searching here and there, it may be that they want
> me to buy and upgrade. I am not sure though. The computer
> freezes at some point each time I try to pursue this
> option. I never got a notification from Symantec and
> cannot believe it would stop working, while I have paid
> the subscription, and not notify people of the reason.
> It's impossible to call them... they want a credit card
> before they will talk to you!
>
> Any idea? tanks

Hi... I am not sure of version. It shows version 4, but
with module version 5.3.2.67, which, I assume, means it
was upgraded. I absolutely cannot access the upgrades or
scan to see if any are needed. It tells me that I am not
up to date but cannot scan their catalog. Something led me
to think that they want me to buy their latest version.
Don't know what to do.

Try this:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

"Monique K" wrote:

> [...]

what version are you running

"Monique K" wrote:

> Re: Norton Anti Virus and Internet Security
> since 2 days (even though my subscription is paid thru
> february), I can no longer run the "live update". I get
> the message that they "cannot retrieve catalog of file
> available, verify internet connection".
>
> After searching here and there, it may be that they want
> me to buy and upgrade. I am not sure though. The computer
> freezes at some point each time I try to pursue this
> option. I never got a notification from Symantec and
> cannot believe it would stop working, while I have paid
> the subscription, and not notify people of the reason.
> It's impossible to call them... they want a credit card
> before they will talk to you!
>
> Any idea? tanks

That's not right they should onner there contract. that't what I think