G

Ok, was it a dream or did I see a board called KR7-Raid on the ABit site a couple weeks ago?

Wasn't this the one that was going to have the VIA northbridge (KT266A) instead of the AMD 761 (KG7-Raid)

Did they give it up?
Was I wazzin the whole time?
Did they find out the AMD 761 kicks major azz and are just sticking with it????

Today I found no trace of this elusive beast....

*** Sigh ***

I didn't believe 'em when they said it would be better than the KG7-Raid I'm on now anyway :p

FatBurger

Illustrious
The KT266a has about 50% better memory performance than the 761. The KR7 is Abit's KT266a board, and should be out soonish. I don't know why they pulled it from the site, but I never saw it up there in the first place, so who knows.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

heh, heh

I was just being facetious with the 'not as good as 761 cracks'

I'm no where <b>close</b> to buying into the 50% part, but I do believe it will be faster.

{it was up there for a while, I'm guessing they got delayed or ran into a snag of some sort or they might just have noticed the market is pretty saturated with 'new' products at the moment (AthlonXP, ATI 8500, GeForce3 Ti, etc... and pulled it}

FatBurger

Illustrious
Don't believe 50%?
What are your memory scores in Sandra? I guarantee they are less than 200 points better than mine, and I'm using SDRAM :)

G

Sandra scores have as much to do with Op. Sys. set-up as hardware.

besides, have you not been seeing my posts... I don't do the my d*** is bigger than yours thing!

OK, that was kinda brutal, but seriously, I don't bring my ego here.

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's fine, I'm just trying to prove that the 761 isn't as great a chipset as most people think. I stand by what I have said.