Rebuilding my PC

G

I was thinking of rebuilding my pc. Please give any suggestions on my core setup.

Buying
Epox 8KHA+
Athlon XP 1.33 Ghz (1500+)
256 Mb ddr 2100
The other parts I'll pick off my old PC. Question is, is the Epox mobo a good choice? is the via kt266a chipset a good choice now or should I opt for older ones that have been proven stable? Thanks for any help.

Your choices are fine so far. Be sure to use crucial memory if you plan on overclocking. I would also suggest an enermax or sparkle power supply. I just set up a shuttle ak31 tonight. The via kt266a chipset is pretty smooth, but with kingston and micron memory, I'm not able to overclock as high as I would like. I would also suggest the radeon 7500 oem (not retail) video card for about $150.

G

Wait a little while for the prices to drop and go for an XP 1800, I was told by mobo manuf, DFI, that my 300w sparkle ps was good enough for the XP1800, so just give it about a month for the prices to drop if you can wait.

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Sorry.....double post.

Anyways, the rest of your components look great. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Boondock_Saint on 10/12/01 06:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

With the prices of PC2100 so low, you might want to think about going with 512MB of RAM, especially if you're thinking of using Windows XP. I agree with Boon doock that the KT266a is the best chipset out right now. Make sure that the Epox mobo has the features that you want and will use.