Slow XP

For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.

I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
system idle process doing 96-97% of it.

I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
late night on Fridays

Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.

lsl
1 answer Last reply
More about slow

    I would open up event viewer. Need Help? Open up Help and Support and search
    for "using event viewer" Start it and look in application and system for red
    or yellow colored events , or at the time of your events. Once selected it
    will give a program or dll in error. Use search campanion and search windows
    explorer for that name. That will probaly give you some sense of where the
    problem lies.

    "Lary" wrote:

    > For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
    > of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
    > system idle process doing 96-97% of it.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
    > late night on Fridays
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.
    >
    > lsl

Microsoft Windows XP