Slow XP Pro during specific times

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
October 29, 2004 7:21:01 PM

For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.

I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
system idle process doing 96-97% of it.

I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
late night on Fridays

Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.

lsl

More about : slow pro specific times

October 31, 2004 9:25:02 AM

You posted this yesterday mutlple times and it was answered. Use the "search
for" above with "lary" and you find it.
"Lary" wrote:

> For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
> of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.
>
> I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
> system idle process doing 96-97% of it.
>
> I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
> late night on Fridays
>
> Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.
>
> lsl

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 11:10:02 AM

Hi,

Check your computer for virus or spyware.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.