Slow XP Pro during specific times

For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.

I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
system idle process doing 96-97% of it.

I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
late night on Fridays

Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.

lsl
2 answers Last reply
More about slow specific times

    You posted this yesterday mutlple times and it was answered. Use the "search
    for" above with "lary" and you find it.
    "Lary" wrote:

    > For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
    > of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
    > system idle process doing 96-97% of it.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
    > late night on Fridays
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.
    >
    > lsl

    Hi,

    Check your computer for virus or spyware.

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com.

    "Lary" wrote:

    > For the past two weeks, my computer slows (almost dead) during specific times
    > of the day (between 4:30 and 5:20pm - Never consistent.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the task manager and the CPU usage is about 2-4% with the
    > system idle process doing 96-97% of it.
    >
    > I’ve looked at the scheduled task and nothing there except NAV which runs
    > late night on Fridays
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be of help.
    >
    > lsl

Microsoft Windows XP