HELP WITH LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS

Ciaran

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

hi i am running windows xp home edition and i cant find local users and
groups anywhere. I went to run and typed mmc then i clicked add/remove snap
in and then i clicked local users and groups then i recieved the following
error:This computer is running windows xp home edition.This snap in may not
be used with that version of windows.To manage user accounts for this
computer,use the user accounts tool in the control panel... please help me
thank you..

What are you trying to do?
Local Users and Groups is not available with XP Home.

This will open the user accounts tool in the control panel for XP Home...
Start | Run | Type: control userpasswords | OK

or

Start | Run | Type: nusrmgr.cpl | OK

Local Users and Groups overview
Local Users and Groups is a tool you can use to manage local users and
groups. It is available on the following operating systems:
Windows XP Professional

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes