Wrong processor speed in AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 3000+

October 30, 2004 10:30:02 AM

Windows XP Home (SP2) is not able to show the proper processor speed.

Whatever tool I try to use, it doesn't recognize it.

I've got the Rightmark CPU Clock Utility 1.2
I've got the Speedswitch XP
I've got the AMD Power Scheme (Win 2000 kompability mode)
.... and I've got the PowerNow Dashboard running on the same time. Alas, same
thing. Nothing seems to help.

The CPU Clock and the PowerNow Dashboard shows the correct speed, though.
But noway, the Windows XP doesn't want to play along.

As far as I know, Microsoft support only shows an article written more than
two (2) years ago.
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316965&Product=winxp)

Any comments?

Regards,
Arnie
October 30, 2004 12:21:53 PM

AMD's processor speeds are deceptive. For instance, my old 1700+ was really
only a 1.43 gig processor.

FWIW, JAX

"Arnie" <Arnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Home (SP2) is not able to show the proper processor speed.
>
> Whatever tool I try to use, it doesn't recognize it.
>
> I've got the Rightmark CPU Clock Utility 1.2
> I've got the Speedswitch XP
> I've got the AMD Power Scheme (Win 2000 kompability mode)
> ... and I've got the PowerNow Dashboard running on the same time. Alas,
> same
> thing. Nothing seems to help.
>
> The CPU Clock and the PowerNow Dashboard shows the correct speed, though.
> But noway, the Windows XP doesn't want to play along.
>
> As far as I know, Microsoft support only shows an article written more
> than
> two (2) years ago.
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316965&Product=winxp)
>
> Any comments?