Rundll.exe not responding

On shutdown of windows xp I get the message

rundll.exe is not responding

I have to click the end program now before windows will close. Can anyone
explain to me what this program is and how I can stop this happening

Thanks in anticipation

Pest Scan, by Pest Patrol
http://www.pestpatrol.com/Products/PestScan.asp

Ted Zieglar