Event ID: 10005
Date: 31.10.2004
Time: 11:23:53
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DUNCHO
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled
or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to
start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
4 answers Last reply
More about error 10005 dcom

    Are you using UPnP?

    "Duncho" <Duncho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    > I've got similar problem as was posted here, but when I red user action I
    > didn' find those registers on my PC. I guess my problem appear after I
    > installed SP2. When I followed link at Support Center (bellow) it asys
    > that I
    > have not enough RAM. I don't think so... I have 1,024GB of RAM. I only
    > have
    > disabled system paging. Memory usage is set to programs instead of system.
    > Could anyone help me or give me any idea?
    >
    > Thx a lot!!!
    > Daniel
    >
    > Message from event viewer:
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: DCOM
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 10005
    > Date: 31.10.2004
    > Time: 11:23:53
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: DUNCHO
    > DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is
    > disabled
    > or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to
    > start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    > {204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

    This link may help:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=10005&eventno=612&source=DCOM&phase=1

    --

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Duncho" <Duncho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    > I've got similar problem as was posted here, but when I red user
    > action I
    > didn' find those registers on my PC. I guess my problem appear after I
    > installed SP2. When I followed link at Support Center (bellow) it asys
    > that I
    > have not enough RAM. I don't think so... I have 1,024GB of RAM. I only
    > have
    > disabled system paging. Memory usage is set to programs instead of
    > system.
    > Could anyone help me or give me any idea?
    >
    > Thx a lot!!!
    > Daniel
    >
    > Message from event viewer:
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: DCOM
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 10005
    > Date: 31.10.2004
    > Time: 11:23:53
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: DUNCHO
    > DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is
    > disabled
    > or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting
    > start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the
    > server:
    > {204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

    Bob,

    Yes I'm using Network bridge (on winXP - not another sftw) on my PC which
    is gateway to the internet and shares connection between another computer and
    laptop. That error doesn't dissapear when I disable bridge. By the way that
    registry entry which is in error report looks like this:

    Key Name:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{204810b9-73b2-11d4-bf42-00b0d0118b56}
    Class Name: <NO CLASS>
    Last Write Time: 9/4/2004 - 1:54 AM
    Value 0
    Name: <NO NAME>
    Type: REG_SZ
    Data: UPnPRegistrar

    Value 1
    Name: AppID
    Type: REG_SZ
    Data: {E495081B-BBA5-4b89-BA3C-3B86A686B87A}

    I'm not very good in this. Please tell me what to do next. I tried Gerry's
    advices (thank you) but there is not my case in those documents.

    Thank you!
    Daniel

    "Bob" wrote:

    > Are you using UPnP?
    >
    > "Duncho" <Duncho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all.
    > > I've got similar problem as was posted here, but when I red user action I
    > > didn' find those registers on my PC. I guess my problem appear after I
    > > installed SP2. When I followed link at Support Center (bellow) it asys
    > > that I
    > > have not enough RAM. I don't think so... I have 1,024GB of RAM. I only
    > > have
    > > disabled system paging. Memory usage is set to programs instead of system.
    > > Could anyone help me or give me any idea?
    > >
    > > Thx a lot!!!
    > > Daniel
    > >
    > > Message from event viewer:
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: DCOM
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 10005
    > > Date: 31.10.2004
    > > Time: 11:23:53
    > > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > > Computer: DUNCHO
    > > DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is
    > > disabled
    > > or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to
    > > start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    > > {204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

    > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

    Hi all...!

    I finally found out what was wrong! i used software for tweaking winXP and
    cleaning and optimizing registry. I've done registry changes and it starts to
    work without any Errors in system event viewer. My advice is not to use any
    software like this... Name of mine is TuneUp utilities 2004. Thank you guys
    for your time and advices!!!
    Have a nice day!

    Regards
    Daniel