ASUS CUSL2-C PCI System managment bus DRIVERS!?!?

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi guys,
I have several OSes in my dear IBM 60GXP... but the problem is with Win98SE (of course)...
I cannot find the correct drivers for the PCI system managment bus... of course I already tried the INF update and all the possible drivers that I found on the ASUS and Intel sites, since my mobo is a CUSL2-C with Intel 815EB Chipset... nothing! Please can anybody give me an advice?
thnx in advance

Treppiede

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
guys please can you help me?
I am replying to my own thread to let more people see it... it took few hours for it to disappear in page 3... ;o(
and I still can't get it working...

like a computer.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, I am using the board right now without problems. I have never seen the problem you speak of. You said you installed the INF updatek, that should have taken care of everything.

Back to you Tom...

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi Crashman:
thnx for the tip, but I cannot find the drivers for this PCI system managment BUS!!! In Device manager it shows it's using IRQ 0... now wasn't IRQ 0 the system clock?
Uhm... I'm trying to go back to the A+ days...
pls help...

like a computer.

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
...already tried Crashman... but nothing...
thnx though

like a computer.

Did you download the latest version of your bios?
Did you download the latest version of Intel.INF ( I have several older versions for older motherboards.)
I also have the cusl2-c. Runs beautiful at 158fsb every day. SMB on irq4 i/o 2040-204F Driver date 4/14/2000....All things that i can think of have been posted. Other than a possible conflict with one of the other O/Ss . Or a bad chip or motherboard
Is this a new swap of parts or something new added??

I aint signing nothing!!!

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
It's just the way I built the computer since last summer, buddy...
unfortunately I spend 40hrs per week troubleshooting/fixing/tuning and building other people's systems, and when I come back home late at evening believe me... I don't really feel like troubleshooting mine...
that's why it's been like this for months... :eek:(
anyway, I'll re-format the Win98SE partition and reinstall it over again, we will see what will happen this time, and I will make sure I install the inf update first, since I don't remember if I did that way the other times... thnx, I'll let you know...

Treppiede

like a computer.