The desctop icons have got a background!

Solar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Hi

My desktop icons have for some reason suddenly got a colored background! But
I want them transparent again! I've tried to uncheck the box of drop shadows
in the Performance thingie, but It doesn't help!

Solar wrote:
> My desktop icons have for some reason suddenly got a colored
> background! But I want them transparent again! I've tried to uncheck
> the box of drop shadows in the Performance thingie, but It doesn't
> help!

That's because you want to CHECK that option.. not just Uncheck it.
(Cycling it is okay.)

Try TweakUI.
Try another account on your computer.
Try changing backgrounds.

--
<- Shenan ->

Solar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Doesn't help...

Why does MS have to bug everything up...?
I don't know how they do it, but they do it.

Right-click on your desktop and select:

Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.

Also, check this setting:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

Solar wrote:
> Hi
>
> My desktop icons have for some reason suddenly got a colored
> background! But I want them transparent again! I've tried to uncheck
> the box of drop shadows in the Performance thingie, but It doesn't
> help!

You've been answered in customise, general and basics. Please don't
multipost.

Multiposting vs Crossposting

and

Please don't multi-post.