<A HREF="http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp" target="_new">Pro is better</A>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I disagree unless you need the networking crap.

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
That depends on the individuals needs. If the average user that would never use the extra features of PRO they would only add more windows crap than needed.

I understand where your coming from and agree, but after learning a little about windows tweaking my attitude has somewhat changed. For me, less is better.

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx" target="_new"> Pro/Home Comparison </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://cheston.com/pbf/PBF003ADSnailHarassment.jpg" target="_new"> Wusy, LMAO! </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Well I'm building a gaming pc and i heard xp pro has some problems with games. is that true?

---------------------------------------------
YES! No longer a stranger!

riser

Illustrious
If you're a home user and are going to have your PC hooked up to a cable/dsl modem and nothing else.

Use Home.

If you're going to want to run a domain, or do more extensive things than basic apps, games, internet browsing, you'll want to look at Pro.

Home has simplified security. Meaning eveyrone who uses the computer is assumed a trusted source, like your family.

PRO has security that you can say some people might not be so trusted so let's restrict what they can do..

Most people who aren't heavy into doing company level networking, a domain, won't need PRO.

If you plan on running a Domain, use PRO.

If you don't know what a domain is and you don't have an extra computer for a server and you trust everyone in your house.. trust they won't intentionally ruin your computer, use Home.

Home is for home users, Pro is for people who are heavy in the networking side.. it's geared toward Companies that most likely have a full time IT department.

Regardless of what people say.. most will say Pro is better even when they don't use a single feature with the Pro version. They just want more.

If you're going to buy a version.. chances are Home will do what you want.

But! If you want to go 64bit someday, you'll need the Pro version (at this time) to upgrade to 64bit. Home version doesn't get a free upgrade.

Why?

Because 6 bit is going to be geared more towards companies that need heavier processing of their computer for work. Home PCs rarely need that power under almost any condition except gaming - and even in gaming, it probably won't be needed for a while as most higher end PCs will run.