Reboot cable modem several times weekly?

I have a (Comcast rental) Terayon TJ715 Cable Modem and several times a
week, I get "could not connect" applets pop up when I first boot or
restart my computer.

Unplugging/plugging the power cable and the RJ45 cable for 5 seconds
solves the problem but why is this happening?

Thanks.

Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about reboot cable modem times weekly

    I was getting that with my cable modem as well but never figured out what was
    happening. The cable service was so bad that I switched to DSL and it
    stopped. It may be related to the cable modem disconnecting from the cable
    network due to idle time. I know that the DSL modem allows you to configure
    it to always stay connected.

    "Steve Marshall" wrote:

    > I have a (Comcast rental) Terayon TJ715 Cable Modem and several times a
    > week, I get "could not connect" applets pop up when I first boot or
    > restart my computer.
    >
    > Unplugging/plugging the power cable and the RJ45 cable for 5 seconds
    > solves the problem but why is this happening?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Steve

    Most likely spyware or a trojan trying to phone home.

    Pest Scan, by Pest Patrol
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/Products/PestScan.asp

    Online Virus and Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

    Protect Your PC
    www.microsoft.com/protect
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > Most likely spyware or a trojan trying to phone home.
    >
    > Pest Scan, by Pest Patrol
    > http://www.pestpatrol.com/Products/PestScan.asp
    >
    > Online Virus and Security Check
    > http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
    >
    > Protect Your PC
    > www.microsoft.com/protect
    Ted,

    Thanks for the links - pest patrol found a few but they were all known
    programs that I want, Symantec, Kodak, Altavista, etc.

    Steve

    A cable connection does not disconnect due to idle time.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "markdownsouth" <markdownsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was getting that with my cable modem as well but never figured out what
    was
    > happening. The cable service was so bad that I switched to DSL and it
    > stopped. It may be related to the cable modem disconnecting from the cable
    > network due to idle time. I know that the DSL modem allows you to
    configure
    > it to always stay connected.
    >
    > "Steve Marshall" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a (Comcast rental) Terayon TJ715 Cable Modem and several times a
    > > week, I get "could not connect" applets pop up when I first boot or
    > > restart my computer.
    > >
    > > Unplugging/plugging the power cable and the RJ45 cable for 5 seconds
    > > solves the problem but why is this happening?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Steve

Modem Microsoft Cable Windows XP