SP2 Causes I/O Errors with DVD Burner

I have a Pioneer DVR-108 fm1.14 and with it I was able to burn DVD's at rates
as high as 12X. After upgrading to SP2, however, I cannot burn faster than
4X speed without getting an I/O error at about 97% completion. I reinstalled
SP1a and am again burning at 12X with no problems.

What is it about SP2 that causes these I/O errors? What service(s) can I
disable in SP2 to fix this problem? Why can't Micro$oft fix 1 problem
without causing 20 new ones?

MovingtoLinux! wrote:
> I have a Pioneer DVR-108 fm1.14 and with it I was able to burn DVD's
> at rates as high as 12X. After upgrading to SP2, however, I cannot
> burn faster than 4X speed without getting an I/O error at about 97%
> completion. I reinstalled SP1a and am again burning at 12X with no
> problems.
>
> What is it about SP2 that causes these I/O errors? What service(s)
> can I disable in SP2 to fix this problem? Why can't Micro$oft fix 1
> problem without causing 20 new ones?

Check this detailed review of DVD burner performance issues:
http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2260&p=19