Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yes, There is a new Nvidia drive that came out like 8 hours ago. Not sure about ATI. I have a GTX580 and am getting stuttering with Vsync on. I quit and am working on solving my issue.

DANG it my PC is NOT SLOW! RUN FAST, NOW! HAHA
Yes, There is a new Nvidia drive that came out like 8 hours ago. Not sure about ATI. I have a GTX580 and am getting stuttering with Vsync on. I quit and am working on solving my issue.

DANG it my PC is NOT SLOW! RUN FAST, NOW! HAHA

Solution

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Yes I updated to the new driver 285.62 before starting the game. Been searching and a site stated there is something wrong with the new driver. I'm going back to try the old beta driver. I get the stutter when turning. Perfectly smooth when walking straight.

BTW game is the $hit!

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
-CPU- i5 2500k OC @ 4.3GHz 
-Cooler- CM Hyper 212 
-Motherboard- Asus-Z68-Pro 
-RAM- G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL8 1.5v 
-GPU-EVGA GTX 590 Classified
-Samsung Spinpoint F4 2tb HDD 
-PSU-Corsair 1050 watt Professional Series 
-Case-Cooler Master HAF X
-OS- Windows 7 64bit

So far amazing. My FPS has not fallen below 60fps with Vsync on, all settings on ultra.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Have to agree with this. I have a single gtx 570, the auto settings put half settings on ultra and half on high. The only change I had to make on custom was disabling motion blur because it's obnoxious. Game hasn't dipped below 60fps yet. Put it up to full ultra and couldn't really see much difference in image quality but fps were lower than what I'm willing to play a shooter with. Auto settings seem well tuned generally.

for the 590 owner, its not microstuttering is it, you've still an SLI setup there, and with only 1.5GB per card you might be struggling with Vram as well, especially at ultra and hi res, at 1152p (yes I know) I was using all of my Vram on my 470 on high on the beta, although it streams textures heavily? so this may not be important. I'm in the UK so I don't know about the full version yet!!!!!

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

No I play Crysis 2 dx11 & high res and as long as I stay at a constant framerate there is never any microstutter, super smooth. I'm only playing on 1920x1080 so I have plenty VRAM. The VRAM only starts to show slightly when I go 5760x1080 triple monitor.

The final version is more optimized as beta high settings was getting as low as 50fps and final version with everything ultra never dropped below 60fps.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

I don't know if I'm just getting use to it but the stutter doesn't look that bad anymore. Maybe eyes just tired from 8 hr marathon, lol.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Haha I took off work too and told my wife don't talk to me for next couple of days, lol. I just built my first PC ever, just for this game.

FunSurfer

Distinguished

What is your resolution? Do you use the new 285.27 drivers?

FunSurfer

Distinguished

Thank you for the reply. Yes the drivers are indeed 285.62, I checked 3 days ago on the Nvidia site and for a strange reason I saw the other version.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

285.62 was released just yesterday.

dudeguzman

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Update On Stuttering - Fix Available

Concerning the CrossFireX stuttering mentioned above, AMD has informed us that the 11.9 CAP 3 that was recommended to install for BF3 is actually the culprit for the stuttering behavior with CFX in this game. AMD recommends to uninstall the CAP and only install Catalyst 11.10 Preview 3 driver. If you already have the CAP installed, your best bet is to uninstall the CAP as well as the driver, and re-install just the driver with no CAP. We have tested this by removing the CAP, and on our system the stuttering with 6970 CFX is gone. We experienced no negative impact to performance in the game by removing the CAP. The gameplay experience is much better with the CAP uninstalled.

"One note – about the stuttering for CFX, the latest CAP is causing that, once you remove it, you should be fine…we’re on it and fixing it as we speak." -AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.