Using game controller in EQ1?

I know EQ doesn't support controller but I was told it can be done
through third party software. Can anyone please explain what I need
toi do to get the controller to work under EQ1

Impmon wrote:
> I know EQ doesn't support controller but I was told it can be done
> through third party software. Can anyone please explain what I need
> toi do to get the controller to work under EQ1
You need software that will map the controls to keys... I know Logitech
and Microsoft's controls both have the ablility to do that.

I had a friend that used to *try* to play EQ with a gamepad... seemed
like a lot of pain for a negative gain (he was sloppy with it).

But he was a nintendo'er at heart.

Fubar end of that story is he refuses to play FF Online because he is
po'd at Squaresoft for ignoring his precious nintendo.

(and it can be played quite handily from a gamepad, I am led to understand)