BackWeb Lite -- is it necessary or even helpful?

My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary or
helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?
4 answers Last reply
More about backweb lite helpful

    Uninstall backweb in add/remove programs, may possibly be listed as "service
    connection"

    "Callidetic" <callidetic@warpmail.net> wrote in message
    > My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
    > problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
    > purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary
    or
    > helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

    What Compaq and what OS?
    HH

    "Callidetic" <callidetic@warpmail.net> wrote in message
    > My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list of
    > problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
    > purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it necessary
    or
    > helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

    I have Compaq Presario 5868 with Windows 98.

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What Compaq and what OS?
    > HH

    Go here :

    and check your Task List - what they write will tell you whether it is
    safe to uninstall. If you have $20 to spare, buy their Ultimate
    Troubleshooter tool - it's brill and saves a lot of time doing what
    you are trying to do.

    Mik

    "Callidetic" <callidetic@warpmail.net> wrote in message
    > My protection software always includes Back Web Lite among its list
    of
    > problematic spyware but does note that Compaq systems included it
    > purposefully. My questions: Why did Compaq include it? Is it
    necessary or
    > helpful? What happens if I delete the "offending" files?

Compaq Software Computers