Sign in with
Your question

PS3 or building a PC?

Last response: in Video Games
October 25, 2011 9:14:10 AM

Hi all,
For some time now i've have been wondering what to buy, a PS3+TV or a good PC. Normally i'd say "Go for the PC! :D  " But now there are more things to take note of.

First of all i still have a PC, and while it's old i can do stuff for school on it and play some older games on it.
Also, because next year i'm probably moving away from my parents, already having a TV might be more helpfull. Finally most of my friends have a PS3, so buying one would allow me to play with them :p .
On top of that the PS3+TV combo is around 100-200 euros cheaper.

But still i like PC gaming and i have been one for my entire life. So i really don't know what to do :( 

Anyone have some advice?

More about : ps3 building

October 25, 2011 12:18:21 PM

Well I have a PC used for gaming and work, a Xbox 360 that pwns, and I'm planing to get a psp too(for god of war mostly) :D . So if I were u I'd get a xbox for now + tv, and after u move from your parents house :)  consider getting a PC.
a b î Playstation
October 25, 2011 12:23:21 PM

I was a strict PC gamer up until about 3 years ago or so. Although I love the graphics on the PC and being able to customize the keyboard and mouse, I've got used to playing on a nice comfortable couch and a 46" HD TV. Also, more and more pc games seem to be console ports with inferior graphics and limited keyboard/mouse configuration. There are some games I still buy for the PC, but most are for the PS3. Also, I'm going to be forced to upgrade my PC soon if I want to play the newest games. With the PS3, I'm guaranteed the hardware will be enough for any new ps3 games.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 25, 2011 7:53:47 PM

I strictly play games on the PC, but I'm not a hardcore gamer.

If cost is a factor, then getting a PS3 is better because in the long run there is no need to upgrade to play the latest games. #1 you can't upgrade even if you wanted to unless there's some kinda hack out there, but that would void your warranty. #2 games designed for the PS3 should run fine since consoles do not consistantly push the envelop. Assuming the PS3 is still around 4 years from now, any games released then will still be playable. The same cannot be said of PC games.

The PS3 also comes with a Blu-Ray player so I you don't have your own BR player, then buying the PS3 kinda kills two birds with one stone (unless you don't like watching BR movies).
October 26, 2011 7:42:10 PM

Ever consider the PC and TV? not a cheap option but i find it very satisfying to sit back in my couch and surf the net or facebook or whatever on a 42" LCD. You can ever use a wireless xbox controller for gaming if you wanna feel like it's a console ...lol
All your music, movies, games, internet and more, all in one place, the perfect media centre.
October 27, 2011 9:15:52 AM

if you already have a pc you can use it on your TV for surfing the net and so on . i think the ps3 + TV would be best. if your PC isn't too old you could consider upgrading some parts.
November 3, 2011 10:17:49 AM

Since you are going to move away from your parents and stay with friends, it would be the best idea to get a TV. But before that make sure that none of your friends own a TV. Anyhow you need a Desktop / Laptop for any other needs like surfing, studying purposes and even more.

Either take the Desktop with you or get one Laptop.
!