Switch z-axis/z-rotation in dual stick gamepad?

lasue

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
I got the Trust GM-1520T Dual Stick Gamepad for PC use. I tried it with Red Faction Armageddon on Steam. The gamepad works well enough except it has this annoying problem with the right-side analog stick: when I move the stick left/right, my character moves forward/back, and when I move the stick up/down the character moves left/right :(

I tried editing the registry settings to switch z-axis/z-rotation like in the following thread, but it didn't work:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=383548

All I managed to achieve with registry editing was that in Vista's (32-bit) gamepad settings the bars for detecting z-axis/z-rotation changed palces. It didn't have any effect in-game.

I tried Xpadder, too. When I assigned WASD to the right analog stick, it affected the movement of my character, but it still doesn't work right. He doesn't run forward when I push the stick forward etc. Almost seems like the game now combines WASD and stick movement for the stick. Bleh... I also tried switching z-axis/z-rotation through Xpadder but it works as poorly as the method with regedit.

I'm out of ideas. Does anybody have a fix for this issue?

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
no way to change it in the actual game settings?

if not:

try and go into the game config files. you'll find them in steam/steammapps/common/(game that u want). look for the gamepad stuff and see if you can fix it there. it might take awhile but you'll get it. just be sure to make a backup of whatever you mess with.

lasue

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
There seems to be no way to change it in the game options. There are 3 controller presets, but they do nothing to fix the analog stick.

There are no obvious settings file in the Steam game folder either. I couldn't find a folder for the game in Windows's AppData/Local etc. where some games store their settings.