Slow after last windows update

My daughters are both running windows XP (home edition) on their laptops at
school. The computers were brand new this school year. They always update
windows as prompted at the desk top. After the most recent "update" the
whole computer runs slow, ie internet manipulations, basic software (like
"word") and their DVD player runs in slow motion. It's interesting that
they're in 2 different schools, and have had the exact same problem at the
same time. Any thoughts?
Thank-You!
Liann
1 answer Last reply
More about slow windows update

    Hi

    Please try the following link:

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Liann" <Liann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My daughters are both running windows XP (home edition) on their laptops
    > at
    > school. The computers were brand new this school year. They always update
    > windows as prompted at the desk top. After the most recent "update" the
    > whole computer runs slow, ie internet manipulations, basic software (like
    > "word") and their DVD player runs in slow motion. It's interesting that
    > they're in 2 different schools, and have had the exact same problem at the
    > same time. Any thoughts?
    > Thank-You!
    > Liann

Windows Update Windows XP