Sign in with
Your question

Graphics drivers crashing

Last response: in Video Games
October 25, 2011 4:51:29 PM

So I just got my 5850 from sapphire and did a clean install of windows. I downloaded BF3 from origins and now every time I try to load the game it flashes black and the game crashes and windows tells me something about the graphics drivers crashed and just recovered.

I was told by ATI /AMD that I need to try other drivers, so I tried 11.8 and 11.7 but nothing working... then I thought maybe Im missing something so I wanted to see if other games work. I installed Bad Company 2 and for some reason that work then went back to bf3 and that worked... figured it was the DirectX that wasn't installed on the new machine. That was on 11.7 drivers so i figured I'll try the new 11.9 drivers that are made for bf3. crashed again!

With all of this and the reinstalling and uninstalling of drivers my computer is so screwed now it Blue screens and even BC2 won't run :( 

I just want bf3 to work well thats all... HELP!

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
November 8, 2011 1:35:28 AM

ilikegirls said:
So I just got my 5850 from sapphire and did a clean install of windows. I downloaded BF3 from origins and now every time I try to load the game it flashes black and the game crashes and windows tells me something about the graphics drivers crashed and just recovered.

I was told by ATI /AMD that I need to try other drivers, so I tried 11.8 and 11.7 but nothing working... then I thought maybe Im missing something so I wanted to see if other games work. I installed Bad Company 2 and for some reason that work then went back to bf3 and that worked... figured it was the DirectX that wasn't installed on the new machine. That was on 11.7 drivers so i figured I'll try the new 11.9 drivers that are made for bf3. crashed again!

With all of this and the reinstalling and uninstalling of drivers my computer is so screwed now it Blue screens and even BC2 won't run :( 

I just want bf3 to work well thats all... HELP!

I have the fix to all the crashes in bf3 :) 
Make sure to close down bf3 and origin! Origin must not be running!! Then go to your control panel, and press remove program, mark punkbuster, and delete punkbuster. A popup window appers, press finish. Then Reboot your computer. Start Origin, and then RIGHT-CLIK on bf3, and choce repair. Let it do it`s thing, and when finish, the game runs perfectly :) 

Spreed the word :) 
m
l
November 13, 2011 11:51:39 PM

Thanks that will help a lot!
So I just got a new GPU (Radeon 5870) And for some reason I still get bad FPS in game.

I compared the fps in game to my friends computer running about the same setup with the same HDD RAM GPU and a CPU worse than mine but he gets better fps then I do...

HELP!!!!!!!!!
m
l
!