Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Fullscreen problema. En adición: Action indicator for Xbox?

Last response: in Video Games
October 25, 2011 5:06:14 PM

El (not "La" - Español noobs) problema: Battlefield 3 will not run fullscreen. It runs in some sort of windowed fullscreen where window header and taskbar are still visible. Made sure setting was proper in-game and attempted alt+enter combo (nerd skills FTW... or FTL this time) resulting in a toggle between maximized window or smaller window. I feel like there is some simple .exe property setting that needs to be adjusted or shortcut target modifier that can be added. I am sure tons of people are having this issue although I've yet to see a post so HELP US OUT! por favor señor. :cry: 

Además: I figure this will need some config file modification (hopefully no hex editor needed) and I may be asking way too close to release but... the PC Xbox controller action indicator only indicates mouse/keyboard buttons and I would like to find a way to at least edit the keyboard notifiers to say something like X/Y/A/B or right/left trigger (no fancy icons necessary) so my not-so-sharp friends will not be repeatedly skullraped by the butt of an AK47, shanked, exploded, and generally violated in every inhumane way possible :o  I know. I know. You can and I have memorized the corresponding Xbox buttons but you think EA would have added this along with controller support. "sigh"

My setup (issue maybe caused by the Windows ver. or the drivers?): Super-fast-bleeding-edge Intel (FTW) :wahoo:  physics-defying-light-bending-pi-eating-meaning-of-life-solving-Supercomputer (goddamn rig tags are lame) ----- HD6870 to LED via DVI. Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver and Win7x64 SP1. Installed newest Visual C++ and Direct-X support. It just occurred to me that Catalyst can be pesky and not-so-enjoyably invasive so I will try running driver-only and update the thread if successful. I am 99% certain this is just Windows though.

Yes, I have tried turning the machine on and off again TROLL.

Mi Español es terrible.

HoneyBadger don't care. HoneyBadger just takes what it wants.

October 25, 2011 6:12:39 PM

HoneyBadger said:
El (not "La" - Español noobs) problema: Battlefield 3 will not run fullscreen. It runs in some sort of windowed fullscreen where window header and taskbar are still visible. Made sure setting was proper in-game and attempted alt+enter combo (nerd skills FTW... or FTL this time) resulting in a toggle between maximized window or smaller window. I feel like there is some simple .exe property setting that needs to be adjusted or shortcut target modifier that can be added. I am sure tons of people are having this issue although I've yet to see a post so HELP US OUT! por favor señor. :cry: 

Además: I figure this will need some config file modification (hopefully no hex editor needed) and I may be asking way too close to release but... the PC Xbox controller action indicator only indicates mouse/keyboard buttons and I would like to find a way to at least edit the keyboard notifiers to say something like X/Y/A/B or right/left trigger (no fancy icons necessary) so my not-so-sharp friends will not be repeatedly skullraped by the butt of an AK47, shanked, exploded, and generally violated in every inhumane way possible :o  I know. I know. You can and I have memorized the corresponding Xbox buttons but you think EA would have added this along with controller support. "sigh"

My setup (issue maybe caused by the Windows ver. or the drivers?): Super-fast-bleeding-edge Intel (FTW) :wahoo:  physics-defying-light-bending-pi-eating-meaning-of-life-solving-Supercomputer (goddamn rig tags are lame) ----- HD6870 to LED via DVI. Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver and Win7x64 SP1. Installed newest Visual C++ and Direct-X support. It just occurred to me that Catalyst can be pesky and not-so-enjoyably invasive so I will try running driver-only and update the thread if successful. I am 99% certain this is just Windows though.

Yes, I have tried turning the machine on and off again TROLL.

Mi Español es terrible.

HoneyBadger don't care. HoneyBadger just takes what it wants.

Talking to yourself much?
m
l
October 25, 2011 6:27:19 PM

"Talking to yourself much?"

Try to keep the BS low so answer will be easy to find.
m
l
October 25, 2011 6:40:01 PM

Oh so you think this is a such a serious problem and you found some miracle cure that you want to share with the world, no matter if they're asking for it beforehand or not?

Holy... mate, you got some serious stuff going there, keep it up. Anything else you'd want to share with us, oh fountain of knowledge?
m
l
October 25, 2011 6:52:10 PM

Nice trollery. I am simply pointing out that this thread is already busted with all of our BS. If you are checking this thread out I am assuming you are either here to help others or need help. Either way I am in IT and a network engineer but not a programmer.... so I can not work miracles but if you have any issues that need fixing hit me up.
m
l
October 25, 2011 7:11:21 PM

SOLVED----SOLVED----SOLVED----SOLVED----SOLVED

OK, this is an obscure issue caused by TeamViewer's quickconnect window overlay button.

Solution: Open TeamViewer --> Extras Tab --> Options --> Advanced Tab --> (Show advanced options if not already revealed) --> QuickConnect button Configure --> Uncheck "Show QuickConnect button" --> OK

This will make changes to the registry and not take effect right away. So...

Either restart Windows
or
End explorer.exe process (make sure nothing important is up) in Task Manager and click File --> New Task --> Type in "explorer" without quotations --> OK

2nd option recommended for server purposes only.

Alt+Enter combo should now switch seamlessly between windowed and fullscreen.
m
l
October 26, 2011 3:53:10 AM

Well, having seen that you've discovered the "power" of Alt+Enter key combination and restarting explorer.exe, I say you are good. Please go on.

Oh and next time, when someone's really asking for help, I think your answers should be more than welcome, otherwise you're looking like a 15 year old trying to get some attention.
m
l
!