GA-7DXR tottaly dead after updated my bios

G

I need help, I have updated my bios on the Gigabyte GA-7DXR with the new bios update 7DXR-F7 that supports XP - the update went fine with no errors after I reset the pc now it's tottaly dead, it will power up but not pass the post, nothing on screen. how can I recover the bios? Is there a key I can press? anyone have any idea why this happened?

G

Hi there,

I suggest you clear your CMOS. Look at your mb manual, there must be a jumper (mine is beside the battery). Unplug the power cord, move the jumper, wait for about 10 seconds.

Then put everything back as before. It should boot... I hope so for you.

It it doesn't, your BIOS is messed up. You will have to get a new one.

Good Luck!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you did botch a BIOs udate you can always retry by putting just the BIOS file on a disk and holding down a certain combination of keys (I think it's 'ctrl-home'). One beep means intiating, two beeps means programing, three beeps means finished. Nothing appears on the screen during this emergency rescue proceedure.

Back to you Tom...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Doesn't that motherboard have dual BIOSes?
I'm not sure how that works, but it's supposed to be exactly for this type of emergency.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

You press something like F11 on the post screen - I cant quite remember and I'm not rebooting my pc to find out yet ;)

Did you use gigabyte's Bios flash utility to do the bios? I downloaded the file, then used the program to open and run it. Worked fine, I didnt even reset the cmos - as the manual suggests you should.

G

Thanks guys for the help, I already tried to clear the bios, even remove the battery, it's still dead, I tried f11 but there is no post. This is a dual BIOS, the instuction doesn't tell you anything how to recover, I went crazy thru the website, there is no info. If anyone knows how I can solve this problem, please let me know. I updated the BIOS thru the flash BIOS and there was no error in the program.
Thanks

G

Thanks guys for the help, I already tried to clear the bios, even remove the battery, it's still dead, I tried f11 but there is no post. This is a dual BIOS, the instuction doesn't tell you anything how to recover, I went crazy thru the website, there is no info. If anyone knows how I can solve this problem, please let me know. I updated the BIOS thru the flash BIOS and there was no error in the program.
Thanks