Screen is upside down

My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?
8 answers Last reply
More about screen upside down

    What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?

    Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
    explorer.

    I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help? Open
    help and support and search for "error checking"

    "Will Ryan" wrote:

    > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
    > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

    It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was upside
    down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works

    "larry" wrote:

    > What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
    >
    > Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
    > explorer.
    >
    > I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help? Open
    > help and support and search for "error checking"
    >

    > "Will Ryan" wrote:
    >
    > > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
    > > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

    You pressed the key combination that your video driver uses to invert the
    image.

    Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button; look for the
    settings provided by your video driver to orient the image.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Will Ryan" <Will Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
    > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

    Hi

    Try this:

    Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
    is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
    Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
    have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.

    If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
    If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
    degrees.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    > It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was
    > upside
    > down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works
    >
    > "larry" wrote:
    >
    >> What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
    >>
    >> Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
    >> explorer.
    >>
    >> I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help?
    >> Open
    >> help and support and search for "error checking"
    >>

    >> "Will Ryan" wrote:
    >>
    >> > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
    >> > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

    Mr. Denny:

    Thank you very much for your help. I didnt know there was a way to turn the
    screen around (who would want that?), and your advice pointed me in the right
    direction. Thanks again:

    A1C William Ryan
    Grand Forks AFB, ND

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
    > is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
    > Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
    > have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.
    >
    > If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
    > If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
    > degrees.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Will Ryan" <Will Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was
    > > upside
    > > down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works
    > >
    > > "larry" wrote:
    > >
    > >> What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
    > >>
    > >> Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
    > >> explorer.
    > >>
    > >> I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help?
    > >> Open
    > >> help and support and search for "error checking"

Computers Microsoft Windows XP