Screen is upside down

My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?

Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
explorer.

I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help? Open
help and support and search for "error checking"

"Will Ryan" wrote:

> My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
> serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was upside
down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works

"larry" wrote:

> What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
>
> Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
> explorer.
>
> I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help? Open
> help and support and search for "error checking"
>

> "Will Ryan" wrote:
>
> > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
> > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

You pressed the key combination that your video driver uses to invert the
image.

Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button; look for the
settings provided by your video driver to orient the image.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Will Ryan" <Will Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
> serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

Hi

Try this:

Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.

If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
degrees.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

> It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was
> upside
> down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works
>
> "larry" wrote:
>
>> What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
>>
>> Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
>> explorer.
>>
>> I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help?
>> Open
>> help and support and search for "error checking"
>>

>> "Will Ryan" wrote:
>>
>> > My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
>> > serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

Mr. Denny:

Thank you very much for your help. I didnt know there was a way to turn the
screen around (who would want that?), and your advice pointed me in the right
direction. Thanks again:

A1C William Ryan
Grand Forks AFB, ND

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
> is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
> Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
> have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.
>
> If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
> If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
> degrees.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Will Ryan" <Will Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's my entire desktop. I turned on my laptop and the logon screen was
> > upside
> > down. Everything is, desktop, windows, the whole works
> >
> > "larry" wrote:
> >
> >> What screen is upside down, your internet or windows explorer?
> >>
> >> Without knowing what application your talking about I'll assume your
> >> explorer.
> >>
> >> I would run a virus scan. I would also run error checking. Need help?
> >> Open
> >> help and support and search for "error checking"

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

"fritz" <fritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Will Ryan" wrote:
>
>> My screen is upside down and the controls are all inverted. I need some
>> serious help. IS there any way to fix it w/o wiping my computer?

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003