16 bit MS-DOS Subsytem error

November 3, 2004 3:53:04 PM

Brand-new computer (w/ 64-bit processor). Nice, clean install of WinXP.
Installed my modem, got attacked before I could get my security program and
SP2 installed. Got most of the attack stuff cleaned off my system. However,
I'm still getting this error right after I open my internet connection:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\Windows\System32\ffx3.exe

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:o dad IP: O208 OP:63 6f 6c 6f 72

Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

(Incidentally, as of the writing of this message, SP2 is successfully
installed. Something went wrong with the install of my security program, so
getting that fixed and installed properly will be my next step.)

More about : bit dos subsytem error

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 7:02:01 PM

Clear your system of viruses and/or spyware.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Brand-new computer (w/ 64-bit processor). Nice, clean install of WinXP.
> Installed my modem, got attacked before I could get my security program
and
> SP2 installed. Got most of the attack stuff cleaned off my system.
However,
> I'm still getting this error right after I open my internet connection:
>
> 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> C:\Windows\System32\ffx3.exe
>
> The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
>
> CS:o dad IP: O208 OP:63 6f 6c 6f 72
>
> Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> (Incidentally, as of the writing of this message, SP2 is successfully
> installed. Something went wrong with the install of my security program,
so
> getting that fixed and installed properly will be my next step.)
November 3, 2004 7:02:02 PM

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Clear your system of viruses and/or spyware.
> --
> Ted Zieglar

I have cleared it using AdAware, though I do need to make sure I have the
most recent updates and run it again tonight.
November 4, 2004 4:32:43 PM

do you have a game installed called battle arena?
!