"Lost" all the folders in "My Documents."

My XP SP2 computer has lost the ability to see all the folders in "My
Documents."

At first I thought I'd lost all files, but I did a search of some I'd just
been working on by name, and I think they are all still with me, but I can't
find them because the "path" no longer exists. The only "folder" I see in "My
Documents" is "My Music" for some reason, and none of my audio files are in
that folder.

I have no idea what the issue is... do I need to "map" my computer again, or
is there some "switch" I can throw somewhere which will make everything
visible again?

Thank you....

- Frank Wheeler
2 answers Last reply
More about lost folders documents

    Hi Frank

    What do you see if you type the following from Start>Run

    my documents

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Frank Wheeler" <FrankWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My XP SP2 computer has lost the ability to see all the folders in "My
    > Documents."
    >
    > At first I thought I'd lost all files, but I did a search of some I'd just
    > been working on by name, and I think they are all still with me, but I
    > can't
    > find them because the "path" no longer exists. The only "folder" I see in
    > "My
    > Documents" is "My Music" for some reason, and none of my audio files are
    > in
    > that folder.
    >
    > I have no idea what the issue is... do I need to "map" my computer again,
    > or
    > is there some "switch" I can throw somewhere which will make everything
    > visible again?
    >
    > Thank you....
    >
    > - Frank Wheeler

    I see your documents, Will. :-D

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:OJQDZviwEHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Will Denny <willdenny@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Frank
    >
    > What do you see if you type the following from Start>Run
    >
    > my documents
    >

    > "Frank Wheeler" <FrankWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:B28D827B-2E1A-4264-BAE4-E8C048CF9472@microsoft.com...
    >> My XP SP2 computer has lost the ability to see all the folders in "My
    >> Documents."
    >>
    >> At first I thought I'd lost all files, but I did a search of some
    >> I'd just been working on by name, and I think they are all still
    >> with me, but I can't
    >> find them because the "path" no longer exists. The only "folder" I
    >> see in "My
    >> Documents" is "My Music" for some reason, and none of my audio files
    >> are in
    >> that folder.
    >>
    >> I have no idea what the issue is... do I need to "map" my computer
    >> again, or
    >> is there some "switch" I can throw somewhere which will make
    >> everything visible again?
    >>
    >> Thank you....
    >>
    >> - Frank Wheeler

Computers My Documents Windows XP