A couple weeks, afetr i install service packXP2, the security center is not
working anymore, i tried to enable but a message like this appear: windows
cannot start the windows firewall/Internet connection sharing(ICS)Service.

Have you installed any other firewalls or programs like Norton Antivirus
2005? I think NAV 2005 will disable the windows firewall during install if
you allow the defaults.

One thing to check is to see if the service is disabled:
Go to Start | Run enter "services.msc" without the quotes and click OK.

Scroll down the right side until you fine Windows Firewall/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS) and see if the Startup Type is "Disabled" if it is
disabled you can double click on the service and change the startup type.
You should make sure before doing this that another firewall program didn't
disable this.

--
Eric Renken
Microsoft Associate Expert.

"Alejandro p." <Alejandro p.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple weeks, afetr i install service packXP2, the security center is not
> working anymore, i tried to enable but a message like this appear:
> windows
> cannot start the windows firewall/Internet connection sharing(ICS)Service.

Mr. Renken, i did the you tell me,and i dont have any other firewall. I
unistalled when i made my up-grade to sp2, but it is still not working, the
same message appears: "windows cannot start the windows firewall/Internet

"Eric Renken" wrote:

> Have you installed any other firewalls or programs like Norton Antivirus
> 2005? I think NAV 2005 will disable the windows firewall during install if
> you allow the defaults.
>
> One thing to check is to see if the service is disabled:
> Go to Start | Run enter "services.msc" without the quotes and click OK.
>
> Scroll down the right side until you fine Windows Firewall/Internet
> Connection Sharing (ICS) and see if the Startup Type is "Disabled" if it is
> disabled you can double click on the service and change the startup type.
> You should make sure before doing this that another firewall program didn't
> disable this.
>
> --
> Eric Renken
> Microsoft Associate Expert.
> Expert Zone

Well, shoot I was hoping that is what it was.

Check out these articles and see if they are of any help. I'm not sure what
the problem could be.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

Check out Response Number 8 here:
http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/118679.html

This helped someone else. I found this doing some searching.

--
Eric Renken