system info msinfo32

when i click on system information either in program files system tools or
try to run msinfo32.exe instead of system info coming up i get the help and
support page. already tried the fix from kelly's site. didn't help. i am
running xp sp1.
1 answer Last reply
More about system info msinfo32

    You may or may not be able to fix this. I can't fix mine.

    It used to work but a Windows Critical Update screwed it up.
    I don't know which CU is the culprit. Doesn't matter, it's screwed up.

    This works. It's what I use.

    Go here:

    Read instructions at the top.
    Scroll down to and Click on:
    172. Msinfo32 Batch File - To Gain Access

    Unzip and save it where ever | Create a shortcut | Place the shortcut in
    your Start Menu, Desktop or where ever | Click the shortcut to open msinfo32
    Saves typing it in the Start | Run box every time.

    Also in case any of this may work for you.....

    Go here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm

    Scroll down to:
    Can't Open Msinfo32
    Read the info.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:E85A724B-D277-47D6-AA0B-A733CFD83DFA@microsoft.com,
    laurie <laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > when i click on system information either in program files system
    > tools or try to run msinfo32.exe instead of system info coming up i
    > get the help and support page. already tried the fix from kelly's
    > site. didn't help. i am running xp sp1.

Microsoft Windows XP