Not Recognizing Modem

My daughter was using Cable on her computer but is changing back to dail-up.
Now the computer won't recognize her modem. We checked the Device Manager and
it says the modem is working properly. Help!!!! Frustrated Dad

Go to device manager & uninstall the driver (modem).
restart the computer. & it will say "found new hardware".
You will be lucky if it is self installing modem (XP will auto. install the
drivers).if it is not,Then locate the drivers for the modem & u r done.