presario 1500 powering off

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.laptops (More info?)

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Compaq Presario 1500 powering off
when I do certain things. It happens SOMETIMES when I move the
monitor, and SOMETIMES when I plug/unplug devices into the USB port.
I've updated the BIOS with no success. I emailed Compaq support and
they told me it was probably a hardware problem (which is what I
figured). I've done a lot of desktop repair but I have never repaired
a laptop before. I'd much rather do it myself than take it somewhere.
I'm looking for as much advice as possible. If anyone has solved this
problem before please tell me how.. or if anyone just has suggestions
for troubleshooting or where to get information on repairing laptops I
would appreciate it. Thank you!

Steve Weatherly

On 8 Apr 2004 23:33:27 -0700, google@nearvanna.com (steve) wrote:

>Hi, I'm having a problem with my Compaq Presario 1500 powering off

Probably a build up of dust in the fan. It is overheating and shutting of
automatically. Blow it out with one of those canned dust cleaners. With
computer off of course.

I ruined the original power supply trying to figure out this problem.

The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.