G

Hi Everyone. I am having problem to intall Asus V7100 Pro 32mb video card and Cardex Geforec2 mx400 64mb into the Asus P4B mother board. My computer is halted(and lost all of the data)after I intall the card and driver, and restart my computer. I am using Window Me.

But When I intall the TNT 32mb(from my dell computer). The ASUS P4B motherboard is working fine. Also when I install the ASUS V7100 and CardEx Geforce2 mx400 into my dell computer. It work fine for the dell too. Can anyone give me any suggestion that what I should do? I will very appricate. Thanks again

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
its strange you lost your data due to a display card!

what exactly happens when you put in that card, i mean what do you mean by "halted"? that is before you install the drivers or after?

dont use WinME, use Win98se, by far the best windows95 version!

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I had the same problem, without the loss of data since I backed it all up. I have come to realize that ME does not like the Video card to be changed so here is what you need to do. First reformate your HD, erase everything (if you still have any personal stuff you can bake it up). Then install Windows 98 (or SE) if you don't have it, borrow it from a friend or form work or something. Once 98 is happy and running, make sure you upgrade to the latest Motherboard, video, Soundcard and Direct X drivers. If it still works, then you are on the home front and can know load ME. If you do it this way, ME will have no difficulties with the graphics card and will run fine, Once all your Hardware is running fine, you can reload all your programs and personal stuff. All in all, you should be able to do all of this stuff in less than 2 days (do to the wonderfull technology of the CD ROM drive) and if I were you, I would always backup my data before adding any graphics card again. A by-product of all of this is that your system will be nice and clean and may even run faster than it did before:)

If it works for you then don't fix it.