Can't clear rundll.exe error....

jeff

I recently uninstalled DeadAIM on my desktop and laptop machines. Since
doing so, I get an error message when booting: RUNDLL - Error loading
"C:program Filres\AIM95\DeadAIM.ocm The specified module could not be found.

I have:

Deleted all references to DeadAIM in the registry except

value

rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM95\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs

It won't stay deleted. Like a stuborn weed, it keeps coming back

I've deleted all references to DeadAIM in any startup folders.

And I've tried to uncheck and delete the DeadAIM line in msconfig/startup.
It won't be deleted, or stay unchecked, either.

Anybody have any ideas how to clear up this minor but pesky problem please?

tia

--jeff

jeff

Posted in this thread in error. Sorry.

"jeff" <nospam@attglobal.net> wrote in message
>I recently uninstalled DeadAIM on my desktop and laptop machines. Since
>doing so, I get an error message when booting: RUNDLL - Error loading
>"C:program Filres\AIM95\DeadAIM.ocm The specified module could not be
>found.
>
> I have:
>
> Deleted all references to DeadAIM in the registry except
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> value
>
> rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM95\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
>
> It won't stay deleted. Like a stuborn weed, it keeps coming back
>

> I've deleted all references to DeadAIM in any startup folders.
>
> And I've tried to uncheck and delete the DeadAIM line in msconfig/startup.
> It won't be deleted, or stay unchecked, either.
>

> Anybody have any ideas how to clear up this minor but pesky problem
> please?
>
> tia
>
> --jeff

Software Support Forum for DeadAIM
http://www.jdennis.net/forums/

Ted Zieglar

"jeff" <nospam@attglobal.net> wrote in message
>I recently uninstalled DeadAIM on my desktop and laptop machines. Since
>doing so, I get an error message when booting: RUNDLL - Error loading
>"C:program Filres\AIM95\DeadAIM.ocm The specified module could not be
>found.
>
> I have:
>
> Deleted all references to DeadAIM in the registry except
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> value
>
> rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM95\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
>
> It won't stay deleted. Like a stuborn weed, it keeps coming back
>

> I've deleted all references to DeadAIM in any startup folders.
>
> And I've tried to uncheck and delete the DeadAIM line in msconfig/startup.
> It won't be deleted, or stay unchecked, either.
>

> Anybody have any ideas how to clear up this minor but pesky problem
> please?
>
> tia
>
> --jeff

jeff

I've already been there Ted. There are a lot of threads concerning DeadAIM
related rundll problems, but I didn't see a solution to my particular
problem.

It seems to me I have a Windows problem, in that I can't get a registry key,
nor a msconfig/startup entry, to stay deleted.