Can't clear rundll.exe error message....

jeff

recently uninstalled DeadAIM on my desktop and laptop machines. Since
doing so, I get an error message when booting: RUNDLL - Error loading
"C:program Filres\AIM95\DeadAIM.ocm The specified module could not be found.

I have:

Deleted all references to DeadAIM in the registry except

value

rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM95\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs

It won't stay deleted. Like a stuborn weed, it keeps coming back

I've deleted all references to DeadAIM in any startup folders.

And I've tried to uncheck and delete the DeadAIM line in msconfig/startup.
It won't be deleted, or stay unchecked, either.

Anybody have any ideas how to clear up this minor but pesky problem please?

tia

--jeff

jeff

I found a solution. Don't know why it was necessary but it worked and you
can't argue with success (usually).

I renamed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
to \Run_old.

Windows then imediately created a new \Run key with only 2 components in it.
I then deleted the DeadAIM component in \Run_old, deleted the new \Run, and
renamed \Run_old back to \Run. Presto...DeadAIM stayed deleted and I no
longer get the error message when I boot.

Whew.