Status
Not open for further replies.

hellnova

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
First off i want to state that i DONT have a laptop

This is a normal desktop computer.

When im playing borderlands or PayDay:

People cant hear me, but they can hear any sounds my computer makes.
They can hear when i play Itunes
and they can hear the sound the games are making (guns shooting people yelling ect.)
they also say they get an echo of the music which would make sense

In borderlands i can fix this by going into sound and turning my "voice chat" volume all the way down however in Payday that does not work. and everyone ELSE must turn down their voice chat volume to mute me.

its like i have some program streaming my audio, but ive never streamed or tried to stream before so i don't know how it would.

Furthermore i do not have any mics, built in mics, or any audio recording devices hooked into my computer.

If anyone has any ideas id be happy to hear them!

Solution
just wondering is this constant or is it like you push a button?

My First though was you have something selected instead of a microphone therefore making them hear the ingame sound and not you (I understand you don't have a mic and your not trying to talk)

I'd Suggest (if this is on Steam)

Going into your steam profile/prefrences and checking what you have your voice communications set to.

-Mithness

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
just wondering is this constant or is it like you push a button?

My First though was you have something selected instead of a microphone therefore making them hear the ingame sound and not you (I understand you don't have a mic and your not trying to talk)

I'd Suggest (if this is on Steam)

Going into your steam profile/prefrences and checking what you have your voice communications set to.

-Mithness

Solution

hellnova

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009

that's a good idea, these instances are all happening with steam
I turned my microphone volume down all the way in the steam settings.
however it was set to "automatically broadcast whenever i talk" and NOT "when i push a button"
so im not completely sure if that was it but ill just have to keep playing and see!

thanks for the help!

more likely its cross circuit bleed. onboard sound suffers this more than dedicated cards because they dont have the same amount of shielding to stop stray signals bleeding over the circuit lanes. thing is if theres no mic attached to your system it should not be an issue as most motherboards will instantly mute the mic channel.
if you have the mic channel designated as an output for a speaker which is common on 5.1 and 7.1 you could in theory be broadcasting without knowing so again make sure mic is muted in the systems sound properties not just ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.