Automated Recovery Console Install Problem

November 7, 2004 7:19:06 PM

Tried to instal the automated recovery console feature in XP Pro. Followed
the instructions on microsofts website. And I get a meesage stating
"Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
newer than the version on the CD."
This is the original full version of XP Pro I purchased about two years
ago. But with all the service packs and updates Microsoft has brought out,
the system doesn't even reconize the setup files.

Is there any way to install the Recovery Console after upgrading to SP2??

And is there any way to run the automated recovery console without a floppy
drive. Like make a bootable CD?
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 8:25:04 PM

Create an SP2 integrated install and install the RC from there.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect