Programs won't start

Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004

I have a XP home edition and a few days ago some of the programmes on my
computer stop opening. If i click the program it appears that is going to
open but immediately closes down again. This kind of behaviour happens with
programs like antivirus, regedit, spygate firewall, xp sp2 installation, etc.
Some programs work fine but others don't even open, and some of this programs
are windows tools.
I try to test for virus addware, spyware and nothing. I tried to run sfc /
scannow but at the end of the check up the window closes without any
information. I don't know what I can do more. Please help...

Hi

Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix for
..EXE Files:

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups