• PC gaming
  • Laptops
  • Battlefield
  • HP Pavilion
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
October 28, 2011 1:04:17 PM

My laptop- HP Pavilion dv6-1154tx's configuration is as follows:

Processor:Intel Core2 Duo Mobile Processor P8600 (2.4 GHz)
Chipset:Intel GM45 Express Chipset
Memory:4 GB DDR2 (800MHz)
HDD:500 GB Serial ATA, 150 MB/ Sec @5400 RPM
Graphics:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1GB dedicated memory, upto 2303 MB TAG, Supports Direct X10.1

I played the BF3 Beta and the game lagged big time. I got an average frame rate of 13 while playing it. I have a good internet connection, so I think, my Laptop is causing problems. I have BFBC2 as well and previously the single player use to run fine. And multi-player also played fine, but I tried to play it yesterday and that too had an average frame rate of 12- single player, and multi-player is just 10 fps. can any one tell me what's happening to my laptop? Is this happening because it is becoming old? Or should I just format my Laptop and reinstall BFBC2. I had cancelled my pre-order of BF3 as it was lagging on my laptop. Don't have money to invest in a new desktop. So, any suggestion, other than buying new equipment, are welcomed. I am up for upgrading my RAM, which I think is the only thing I can upgrade now. I really want to play BF3.... the above config does fall under minimum configuration required for running BF3, so why is my pc frame rate dropping?

More about : problem running bf3 pavilion dv6 1154tx laptop

a b D Laptop
October 28, 2011 1:23:12 PM

what are your in-game graphics settings?

I recommend cranking down the resolution, and you might have to turn off GPU scaling when running at lower than native resolution (so it doesn't restrech the image to fill the screen). Disable all Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering.

after that you might be able to get playable frame rates, but it's questionable.
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2011 5:46:11 PM

a mobility 4650 is not the same as a 4650. I think you are below minimum spec, drop settings to low and see what happens.
m
l
October 29, 2011 7:10:59 AM

Even with low settings its the same problem... but BFBC2 was running fine earlier.. its only for a month or two that everything has become slow. And then I played BF3 beta and has the same problems. In some rounds I played on beta, I got good playable frame rates, but in others, it was just terrible. Do you think, if I format my HD and flash the bios and re-install the game, it would be playable?
m
l