just built it, but NOTHING. help me??

G

Hello.
I just saved up some cash and bought these bits to build a computer:
Epox 8KHA+, Athlon 1.33 AHYJA, Enermax 350w, 256MB Crucial PC2100, IBM GXP60 40gb, 16x Lite-on CDRW, DVD, and other bits i have not installed yet.
I ordered a GF3 ti200 which i dont have yet so i borrowed a Geforce256 anhiliator pro off a mate.

I installed everything into the case. Tried to power it up and all that happens is the MB powers up. I do not even get the vid card bios on screen. The error code on the onboard debugger is C1 which is auto-detect RAM and L2 cache.
It will only power up if the clear cmos jumper is set to clear. If i set it to normal, power is not applied to anything.
I have built computers before but not come across this.
Could it be that the vid card is incompatible - because surely i should at least see the video bios. The fan on the vid card does power up. The 'no sync input' went so i know the monitor is connected and powered.

please help me - i was so excited about my new computer but now i;m just ratted.

G

So, how far does the post go with the clear CMOS jumpered?

It honestly sounds to me as though your RAM is a) defective or b) not properly installed.
Try reinstalling the RAM or use a different module (like from your friend)

G

It doesnt even get to post. i installed the RAM ok. At least i think so. It was straight from crucial. Unfortunately i dont know anyone with DDR that i can easily get hold of.
As video cards have their own processor and memory, shouldnt that be enought to get the video bios on screen at least?

You won't find the answers in the bottom of a glass. But you can have a bloody good laugh trying!

dejay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2001
Have you tried reseating the CPU?

<font color=purple>I'm new here, I don't deserve a sig.</font color=purple>

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
The RAM might still be bad; it is not always the seating that gets it. Direct from Crucial means nothing, as I have had brand new RAM crap out on me.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue: