Compaq Deskpro (built 1998)

Hi,
I bought this Deskpro used in 2002. It's got 64 MB of RAM. The former owner
said that this could be upgraded to 256 MB.

This RAM is in two of three RAM slots on the mainboard.

I wonder what sort of RAM (2*128 MB SDRAM ? 1*256 MB SDRAM ? ) could be put
in there instead of those two RAM modules.

Glad for any advice.

Christoph.
4 answers Last reply
More about compaq deskpro built 1998

    Without the model no one can help!

    But you can go to www.crucial.com to see what you can find?!

    Bill
    "Christoph Bobrowski" <bobrowski@uke.uni-hamburg.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I bought this Deskpro used in 2002. It's got 64 MB of RAM. The former
    > owner
    > said that this could be upgraded to 256 MB.
    >
    > This RAM is in two of three RAM slots on the mainboard.
    >
    > I wonder what sort of RAM (2*128 MB SDRAM ? 1*256 MB SDRAM ? ) could be
    > put
    > in there instead of those two RAM modules.
    >
    > Glad for any advice.
    >
    > Christoph.

    There is almost no information on the make or the the serial number. All I
    have is
    the "series" PD1005. On the case, there is just "Compaq Deskpro".

    Christoph

    Christoph Bobrowski wrote:

    > There is almost no information on the make or the the serial number. All I
    > have is
    > the "series" PD1005. On the case, there is just "Compaq Deskpro".
    >
    > Christoph

    Possible to take a picture and post to a binaries group somewhere so we
    could look at it and maybe recognize it?
    1998 Would most likely be the 2000/4000/6000 series. I think the EP/EN's
    came out after that. Is it a mainboard with a single big slot in the
    center where a riser board plugs in and has the ISA/PCI slots? Also you
    can look on the system board for an part number or spare part number, both
    are 6 digits a - and three more digits, sometimes the last three will have
    letters and numbers like -B21. You can plug that in a search and usually
    find a hit to a page that may list the model of the machine. Also if you
    do find a spare part number, search for the "service quick reference guide"
    in .pdf format and download and search for that part in it.

    hi,
    you could try aida32 to id the motherboard and memory . on my pavilion
    it gives detailed info on memory .
    it is available at http://www.aida32.hu/aida32-download.php
    it also lists the devices and software on your system .
    hope this helps,
    terry

Compaq SDRAM RAM Computers