Xbox cant see my pc

yolanda827

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Hello,
A few days ago My xbox stop recognizing my pc it keeps telling me to check that my pc and xbox are on the same network. I have scourd forums looking for answers and cannot find any have tried everything even the suggestions on this site I have a xbox 360 with kinect and windows xp with a linksys befsr41 router

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
That one is a bit odd because hard wired it should make it a no brainer.
Have you tried plugging it up to a few different ports?
Also, are you saying the Xbox now has no internet connection at all?
Also made sure you Xbox settings are set up for a wired and not antecedently gotten switched to wireless.

Could be any number of things. Bad port on the router, bad port on the Xbox, wrong settings on Xbox, even a bad network cable. And that is just for starters.

yolanda827

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
The xbox connects to the internet just fine and my windows media player sees the xbox. I have tried restarting everything. I have deleted ad reinstalled the drm files and I have changed the computer name and changed it back. I have unhooked everything and re plugged everything back in and I have opened ports on my router.

sloprano

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
If you're using XP and WMP11 you can try this:

Start -> Run -> Type: "services.msc" and press "Ok".

Now you need to check 3 services:

SSDP Discovery Service: Check this one first of all, if it's stopped, start it. Then set it to Automatic(by right-clicking, choosing "properties" and look for "startup type" under the general tab).

Universal Plug and Play Device Host: Same with this one. See if it's started and set it to Automatic.

Windows Media Player Sharing Service: And this one last. Check if started and set to Automatic.

See if that works for you.