ICS problem

November 8, 2004 7:08:09 PM

I have an xp host with adsl connection working fine. Client is ME (never
mind). Client sees gateway, can ping sites by name, can connect to mail
servers (but not download messages) and cannot browse pages even though it
seems to find the sites. I have removed SP2 from the host as this may have
happened at the same time. I have tried winsock fix, new IE6 sp1, adware
removed etc., firewalls off...

Any clues?

Thanks

More about : ics problem

November 9, 2004 7:18:24 AM

could the windows firewall be turned on one of your network card in the XP
machine and be configured strangely?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 7:18:25 AM

no, as I said, firewalls off...

"<©¿©>" wrote:

> could the windows firewall be turned on one of your network card in the XP
> machine and be configured strangely?

November 15, 2004 3:45:21 AM

Derek Richards wrote:
> I have an xp host with adsl connection working fine. Client is ME (never
> mind). Client sees gateway, can ping sites by name, can connect to mail
> servers (but not download messages) and cannot browse pages even though it
> seems to find the sites. I have removed SP2 from the host as this may have
> happened at the same time. I have tried winsock fix, new IE6 sp1, adware
> removed etc., firewalls off...
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks
On the ME machine,are you using "Client for Microsoft Networks" as
primary Network Logon? Using same workgroup name?Are you using Ethernet
card?Are you using a crossover cable or simple hub or wireless? Using
only TCP/IP,disable DNS and,set IP to obtain address automatically.I am
using XP Pro SP2 with ICS running-no problems.Post back.
-max

--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros