Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 issue in first level

Last response: in Video Games
October 28, 2011 11:39:48 PM

hi,

just started playing battlefield 3 on pc. Seems on the very first part, on the train, after shooting the guys, I can't get through the door. nothing comes up on the screen prompting me to remove the gun keeping the door closed..

do I need to restart the level or something??

October 29, 2011 12:21:30 AM

pnico said:
hi,

just started playing battlefield 3 on pc. Seems on the very first part, on the train, after shooting the guys, I can't get through the door. nothing comes up on the screen prompting me to remove the gun keeping the door closed..

do I need to restart the level or something??

I'm having the same problem! I will let u know if I find the answer!
October 29, 2011 12:21:55 AM

i did the level. you have to press and hold f or e (or corresponding use key)
Related resources
October 29, 2011 12:29:23 AM

I did that, the key to interact, right? it does nothing?? what the heck? this cant be this hard! usually interact keys are for openings doors, getting into stuff etc
October 29, 2011 1:00:56 AM

any ideas? I feel really stupid, not being able to open a door!
October 29, 2011 4:54:26 AM

PRESS THE E KEY.
October 29, 2011 5:53:40 AM

Indeed, press the "use" key, which by default is E. Sadly, this game's prompts are slightly retarded, the prompts are popping out during cutscenes when you least expect it, and different combinations, it looks like you're playing Mortal Kombat sometimes. It's done amateurishly, at best.
October 29, 2011 7:48:28 AM

I thought it was press and hold R to pickup the weapon.
October 29, 2011 9:32:29 AM

13thmonkey said:
I thought it was press and hold R to pickup the weapon.

There are more than one keys to perform different actions in different situations: E, Space, R, mouse left click, as far as I remember. It's just that the use of such keys is inconsistent throughout the game; it is indicated you press Space, when you actually have to press it repeatedly, or you'll fail in performing the action, for instance. I have no idea why they couldn't assign one key to perform all the interactions within the game?

October 29, 2011 10:30:47 AM

yes, I can't even get past the grabbing onto the train element with space, 3-4qte's in the first 2mins of gameplay, not for me, I wanted something more BFBC2 esque.
October 29, 2011 10:43:23 AM

13thmonkey said:
yes, I can't even get past the grabbing onto the train element with space, 3-4qte's in the first 2mins of gameplay, not for me, I wanted something more BFBC2 esque.

For that, you will have to press Space repeatedly, in fast succession. I kept falling over and over again, because I was just pressing Space key once; I wouldn't have thought DICE could fail at that, but it happens.
October 31, 2011 5:08:11 AM

I'll just copy and paste what I said on another thread prior:
"On the Pc version I have found that remapping the controls can cause major issues with the quick time events, to the point of being progress halting on the 2nd time around on the train. On my 2nd time around on the train, after kicking the guy out the window and taking his gun, and going to the next window by the door and jumping out, with the controls remapped, I can leap via spacebar still to the next train car, but I will die anyway instead of being prompted to press the next key to climb up the car. Really surprised a bug like this slipped past quality control."
October 31, 2011 12:16:35 PM

It's the r button
October 31, 2011 12:19:50 PM

Well i got stuck too in that place so i restarted the level and then it worked well.
October 31, 2011 12:24:16 PM

professorprofessorson said:
I'll just copy and paste what I said on another thread prior:
"On the Pc version I have found that remapping the controls can cause major issues with the quick time events, to the point of being progress halting on the 2nd time around on the train. On my 2nd time around on the train, after kicking the guy out the window and taking his gun, and going to the next window by the door and jumping out, with the controls remapped, I can leap via spacebar still to the next train car, but I will die anyway instead of being prompted to press the next key to climb up the car. Really surprised a bug like this slipped past quality control."

Well, I didn't remap any keys, I used the defaults, and still had some pretty major problems with them. Just as you were saying, it's surprising to have such issue with such a long awaited release.
November 1, 2011 2:24:28 PM

Hold R to pick up the gun.
January 11, 2012 8:32:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBK_nD5eGk

This is a video showing the glitch/problem that im having

any help would be great
I have downloaded latest firmware,my computer is up to date same with Gfx card
i have not changed any key bindings
i have held down (e) and just pressed it.
i have changed graphics,sound etc to low, ran in windowed,turned my second screen off

Basically tried everything i could think of and more.....
January 11, 2012 12:23:09 PM

thelunn said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBK_nD5eGk

This is a video showing the glitch/problem that im having

any help would be great
I have downloaded latest firmware,my computer is up to date same with Gfx card
i have not changed any key bindings
i have held down (e) and just pressed it.
i have changed graphics,sound etc to low, ran in windowed,turned my second screen off

Basically tried everything i could think of and more.....

Even before the game freezes your video looks choppy. I don't think your vid card or cpu is up to the job. Try turning down the video settings, lower the resolution, or both.
January 11, 2012 4:45:59 PM

what I had a problem on was the point of jumping from one train to the other to avoid the explosion. I kept dying despite using the jump key. apparently pressing your jump key and spacebar in tandem (space was where jump was originally mapped to) repeatedly got me past that part. Even though it was only telling me to press jump.
January 23, 2012 4:01:29 AM

RESOLUTION: The interact key is not what you use to pick up weapons as common sense would tell you. You actually need to use the RELOAD key to pick up guns. Hit reload on that shotgun and it will pick up the gun. It's stupid, I know.
Anonymous
February 12, 2012 11:53:01 AM

Hi,
JEEEEESUS how can be the game so stupid???
For me helped pressing for 2seconds RELOAR "R" key... .!√§lkll:( 
For this i should give anyone my money???? grrr

Thanx a LOT

Rici
February 12, 2012 12:37:10 PM

the point of the game is not the single player, think of that as training for multiplayer.
March 17, 2012 1:54:20 PM

[I CAN SOLVE THIS] aah well pnico .... i think.. i could help u to reach out this position.. before that i have to tell u that i have completed this game in 4.30 hours and even uninstalled it....

at that place.. i think u cant go through that door u have to turn left and should go through window at the left and u will try to climb up the train.. but the enemy will start shooting you.. thats common.. so u have to move through the left window.. but not from the door.. got it ? i hope i have helped you.. if any doubts.. ill help you.. IM me.. ppreetham27@yahoo.com
March 17, 2012 8:00:41 PM

ppreetham27 said:
[I CAN SOLVE THIS] aah well pnico .... i think.. i could help u to reach out this position.. before that i have to tell u that i have completed this game in 4.30 hours and even uninstalled it....

at that place.. i think u cant go through that door u have to turn left and should go through window at the left and u will try to climb up the train.. but the enemy will start shooting you.. thats common.. so u have to move through the left window.. but not from the door.. got it ? i hope i have helped you.. if any doubts.. ill help you.. IM me.. ppreetham27@yahoo.com

Is that because you can't play multiplayer? also I wouldn't post your email address here.
!