Battlefield 3 issue in first level

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
hi,

just started playing battlefield 3 on pc. Seems on the very first part, on the train, after shooting the guys, I can't get through the door. nothing comes up on the screen prompting me to remove the gun keeping the door closed..

do I need to restart the level or something??

jijoslin

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

I'm having the same problem! I will let u know if I find the answer!

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Indeed, press the "use" key, which by default is E. Sadly, this game's prompts are slightly retarded, the prompts are popping out during cutscenes when you least expect it, and different combinations, it looks like you're playing Mortal Kombat sometimes. It's done amateurishly, at best.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

There are more than one keys to perform different actions in different situations: E, Space, R, mouse left click, as far as I remember. It's just that the use of such keys is inconsistent throughout the game; it is indicated you press Space, when you actually have to press it repeatedly, or you'll fail in performing the action, for instance. I have no idea why they couldn't assign one key to perform all the interactions within the game?

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

For that, you will have to press Space repeatedly, in fast succession. I kept falling over and over again, because I was just pressing Space key once; I wouldn't have thought DICE could fail at that, but it happens.

professorprofessorson

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I'll just copy and paste what I said on another thread prior:
"On the Pc version I have found that remapping the controls can cause major issues with the quick time events, to the point of being progress halting on the 2nd time around on the train. On my 2nd time around on the train, after kicking the guy out the window and taking his gun, and going to the next window by the door and jumping out, with the controls remapped, I can leap via spacebar still to the next train car, but I will die anyway instead of being prompted to press the next key to climb up the car. Really surprised a bug like this slipped past quality control."

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Well, I didn't remap any keys, I used the defaults, and still had some pretty major problems with them. Just as you were saying, it's surprising to have such issue with such a long awaited release.

thelunn

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBK_nD5eGk

This is a video showing the glitch/problem that im having

any help would be great
I have downloaded latest firmware,my computer is up to date same with Gfx card
i have not changed any key bindings
i have held down (e) and just pressed it.
i have changed graphics,sound etc to low, ran in windowed,turned my second screen off

Basically tried everything i could think of and more.....

Even before the game freezes your video looks choppy. I don't think your vid card or cpu is up to the job. Try turning down the video settings, lower the resolution, or both.

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
what I had a problem on was the point of jumping from one train to the other to avoid the explosion. I kept dying despite using the jump key. apparently pressing your jump key and spacebar in tandem (space was where jump was originally mapped to) repeatedly got me past that part. Even though it was only telling me to press jump.

CarpeDiem601

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
RESOLUTION: The interact key is not what you use to pick up weapons as common sense would tell you. You actually need to use the RELOAD key to pick up guns. Hit reload on that shotgun and it will pick up the gun. It's stupid, I know.

G

Hi,
JEEEEESUS how can be the game so stupid???
For me helped pressing for 2seconds RELOAR "R" key... .!älkll:(
For this i should give anyone my money???? grrr

Thanx a LOT

Rici

ppreetham27

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
[I CAN SOLVE THIS] aah well pnico .... i think.. i could help u to reach out this position.. before that i have to tell u that i have completed this game in 4.30 hours and even uninstalled it....

at that place.. i think u cant go through that door u have to turn left and should go through window at the left and u will try to climb up the train.. but the enemy will start shooting you.. thats common.. so u have to move through the left window.. but not from the door.. got it ? i hope i have helped you.. if any doubts.. ill help you.. IM me.. ppreetham27@yahoo.com

Is that because you can't play multiplayer? also I wouldn't post your email address here.