steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hello I just bought a new computer without a hard drive and tried to move the
hard drive from my old one to the new one and it won't boot up it gets to the
safe mode or noermal boot screen then I select normal or safe mode and it
starts to load and thats as far as it gets. It locks up on a blank screen.
can I use my old drive. thanks for any help

steve

Steve,
If your new computer came with a different video card and sound card, you
may have driver conflict when you try to boot. When you boot to Safe Mode
disable the video and sound cards. Your system should then boot using the
standard VGA drivers, allowing you to install the drivers for your new cards.