jox

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2004

Im a designer that works alot with Photoshop and Illustrator, doing graphics
for a magazine, and I have a big problem. When I save a picture as an *.eps
(or whatever) i need to run it through acrobat distiller to make the
imagefile complete with all the settings a mag needs... but I cant! "The file
is being used by another process". Even though photoshop is closed! This
means that i got to restart my computer all the time?!
I´ve seen some threads bout this stuff before but they´ve all concerned
videofiles, not pictures. I´m in desperate need of help!

jak

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2001

I had a similar problem. Ended up by changing the attributes for the file to
shared status. In this case all you should need to do is put the picture into
the shared folder and access it from there.

"jox" wrote:

> Im a designer that works alot with Photoshop and Illustrator, doing graphics
> for a magazine, and I have a big problem. When I save a picture as an *.eps
> (or whatever) i need to run it through acrobat distiller to make the
> imagefile complete with all the settings a mag needs... but I cant! "The file
> is being used by another process". Even though photoshop is closed! This
> means that i got to restart my computer all the time?!
> I´ve seen some threads bout this stuff before but they´ve all concerned
> videofiles, not pictures. I´m in desperate need of help!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Go to "start" and right click on "My Computer" - left click on "Explore", in
the next window, go to "Tools" > "Folder Options.", in the next window, go
to the "File Types" tab. Scroll down the list to where you see the
extension that you want to change. Let's say you would like to change the
program that opens up *.pdf. Look for PDF in the list and click on it to
highlight it, then click on the "Change." button in the "Details for 'PDF"
extension" section. In there, you can select the program that will open any
file with the .pdf extension. And if you place a check mark in the "Always
use the selected program to open this kind of file", that is exactly what
will happen and solve your problems.

Have fun.