Sign in with
Your question

GTA 5....???

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 29, 2011 6:30:42 AM

Grand Theft Auto 5 supposedly on its way, with a trailer to be revealed on November 2nd, 2011.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/personal-tech/g...

Any leads anybody might have, do post them here. Hopefully, this time Rockstar will be true to its name as far as the PC goes!!

More about : gta

October 29, 2011 2:06:23 PM

GTA 5 should be set in Vice city again, if it aint then I'm not interested. GTA 4 was abit of a fail to be honest, took it self to serious and got rid of all of the good stuff San Andreas brought to the table.

Vice city is best GTA ever made. Best location, best story and the best soundtrack in a game ever.

GTA 5 needs to be Vice City mixed with the graphics of GTA 4 and the gameplay from San Andreas = winner!
October 29, 2011 2:26:15 PM

I agree, amazing San Andreas gamplay, beautiful gta 4 graphics, and vice city location.

I have heard rumors of gta 5 aswell, and no matter what it is I will probably get it. Each of their games is a new experience, and I really do think they will satisfy the gamers again.

They already have a logo, and the trailer is supposed to be here liek yoou said on November 2nd. I can't wait :) 
Related resources
October 29, 2011 3:42:29 PM

I want another GTA myself, just the not the fail port which was GTA IV. I am still playing San Andreas these days, that game was cool as ice, and still is.
October 30, 2011 10:11:41 PM

I hope it's encoded and developed correctly and properly unlike GTAIV.
November 1, 2011 5:57:54 AM

Personally i dont mind where it will be, but vice city does sound good. GTA 4 is awsome but could have had some of the cool stuff in gta sa. I wonder what the story will be about? Although i heard a lot about it being set in london or something.
Hope not i think that gta will always be better set in USA. San Andreas city again could be good if it was set around 2005 to now "2011". Hopefully it has all the stuff in it that sa had and a few extras. Hopefully though that it will do great on PC unlike gta 4 was ported badly to PC. It even was slightly jumpy "laggy i should say" on the 360 in some areas. 1 thing i would like though would be for rockstar to create some sort of add-on to sa or vice city with the physics of IV.
November 1, 2011 8:10:59 AM

Which ever setting they choose for GTA 5 i don't care. All i care about is the better porting this time from consoles to PC so that atleast this time i will be able to play the game on higher setting without any lag and bugs.
November 1, 2011 10:12:13 AM

wonder44 said:
Personally i dont mind where it will be, but vice city does sound good. GTA 4 is awsome but could have had some of the cool stuff in gta sa. I wonder what the story will be about? Although i heard a lot about it being set in london or something.
Hope not i think that gta will always be better set in USA. San Andreas city again could be good if it was set around 2005 to now "2011". Hopefully it has all the stuff in it that sa had and a few extras. Hopefully though that it will do great on PC unlike gta 4 was ported badly to PC. It even was slightly jumpy "laggy i should say" on the 360 in some areas. 1 thing i would like though would be for rockstar to create some sort of add-on to sa or vice city with the physics of IV.

I'm pretty sure its set in a LA style city, at least thats what rockstar said in their recruitment adverts for voice actors. So another San Andreas maybe.
November 1, 2011 2:41:13 PM

Just like wonder44 said, it doesn't matter at all where it's set as long as it's well coded, and not just some idiotic console port.
November 1, 2011 4:00:24 PM

I hope it will be set either in San Andreas or Vice City !
But what i mostly hope it wont be badly ported one too....
And i cant wait what will the modding community do to this game :D 
ENB The Best Mod Ever !!!
November 1, 2011 4:52:13 PM

Quote:
Thats a little ignorant.

You might not want to know/care were its set but some people do. Anyway....all should be revealed tommorow.

I didn't say others shouldn't care where the game is set, I said I didn't care, that's my own opinion as you have yours. If care about that, and that's what you think, well, I don't, and you should respect my choices as I respect yours and others.' So thinking of others' opinions as "ignorant" shows just how ignorant you are.

Respect others if you want to be respected in return. Simple, isn't it?
November 1, 2011 5:40:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah it sounds like it.

This makes no sense what so ever.

Anyway buddy I must of miss read your post as it sounded like you were saying it as a fact not your opinion. No need to cry about it, so we'll leave it at that.

No, mate, not a fact, just my own opinion. It does make sense, but you're right, let's leave it at that.
November 1, 2011 11:58:38 PM

One more day! Can't wait to watch the trailer, I know it will not be a let down!
November 2, 2011 1:03:33 AM

Eldd said:
Just like wonder44 said, it doesn't matter at all where it's set...

GTA 5: Disneyland Parking Lot.
November 2, 2011 2:12:14 AM

jaguarskx said:
GTA 5: Disneyland Parking Lot.

If it gives me playable frame rates, bring it on! Hope they have some good cars in that parking lot. Yay! Family minivans! :) 
November 2, 2011 3:51:26 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I'm pretty sure its set in a LA style city, at least thats what rockstar said in their recruitment adverts for voice actors. So another San Andreas maybe.

Well I was right GTA 5 is set in San Andreas again. What do people think to the trailer?

Watch it here if you havent seen it already

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/324739/gta-5-trail...
November 3, 2011 12:19:09 AM

Stop arguing before I get the fuzz (moderators) on you guys! Stay on topic and put your petty argument aside.
November 3, 2011 10:59:32 AM

"Update: It looks like Grand Theft Auto V will take place in modern day Los Santos. We'll update this post with more critical analysis throughout the day."

^Courtesy: http://www.gtav.net/

"On 2 November 2011, the teaser trailer was released. It revealed that the game takes place in Los Santos
The trailer also reveals the return of aircraft, which include jets, blimps, and propeller driven aircraft. There also might be a chance of dogs and other animals in the game, as seen in the early seconds of the trailer. We also see a group of hikers visiting a wooded area and a large scenic mountain in the background which is believed to be Mount Chilliad"

^Courtesy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)#Grand_Theft_Auto_V

Hmm....the inclusion of animals would definitely be something different! On the location issue, seems like Vice City is out as of now! Los Santos.....any comments?? I for one am not too thrilled about the location. Wasn't Los Santos in GTA III?

Also, what about the GTA V logo? The way the 'V' has a wrapping around it like a currency note?
November 3, 2011 12:13:31 PM

namelessonez said:
Hmm....the inclusion of animals would definitely be something different! On the location issue, seems like Vice City is out as of now! Los Santos.....any comments?? I for one am not too thrilled about the location. Wasn't Los Santos in GTA III?

Also, what about the GTA V logo? The way the 'V' has a wrapping around it like a currency note?

No Los Santos was in San Andreas. And because Mount Chiliad was featured in the trailer, it is more than likely the game will be set in the whole of San Andreas not just Los Santos. I'm not too frilled about the location either I was hoping for Vice City though I have known for a while that it is going to be set in an LA style city, because of rockstar recruitiment for voice actors for thier new game (GTA 5) set in "LA" was revealed ages ago. But at least it isnt another New York/Liberty city style city like GTA3 and GTA4. I'm surprised they chose Los Santos again which is based on LA because of LA Noire I thought they wouldnt of done the same city two games in a row. Also to follow the pattern that they seemed to follow it would of made sense to do another Vice city then re do San Andreas.

I think the bank note is suposed to be a $5 note to represent GTA5

November 3, 2011 12:17:25 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I think the bank note is suposed to be a $5 note to represent GTA5

Yes but doesn't it give a 'hint' as to the plot? Money laundering, money minting, something of the sorts?
November 3, 2011 12:38:18 PM

namelessonez said:
Yes but doesn't it give a 'hint' as to the plot?

Yes I'm sure money, greed, the economic downfall and the growing gap between the Haves and the Have Nots will be a major theme of the game, so it'll be interesting to see how this affects the usual GTA "rags to riches" structure.

Also for anyone who has a sense of humor I'm pretty sure the jet ski in the trailer says "Speedophile 2000" which I found amusing.
November 3, 2011 10:58:53 PM

Quote:
We are on topic so jog on Abdull me old mucker and go play pretend mod someplace else.

Yes, because telling someone they have low standards because of a certain view you find ignorant is "staying on topic"...
Really, you seem a bit hostile to others. I'm not attacking you, it's just the way you approached me and the others that doesn't seem kind.

Main character seems to resemble Tommy Vercetti. That one guy in the trailer who's running in the alley away away from the police reminds me of CJ.

November 3, 2011 11:16:06 PM

They have very small similarities.

The main character in the trailer isn't Tommy Vercetti, for a start its not Ray Liotta talking and second he said "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.", Vercetti's living it up in sun soaked Vice City.

The main Character reminds me more of Claude from GTA 3 The evidence: The "move for the weather" comment fits, the character "going back to his old ways" and robbing the bank fit, and the overall look of the character looks like Claude 10 years older since 2001's GTA 3. Also Claude appeared in a couple brief missions in San Andreas establishing him as a character there.

The black guy could be CJ though, I'd expect him to have atleast a cameo apperence.
November 5, 2011 7:13:29 AM

Further confirmation that GTA5 will be in Los Santos.

"Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. said Thursday that "Grand Theft Auto V" will be set in the city of Los Santos. That means the game is back in its fictional Southern California setting. That's where the blockbuster "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," which launched in 2004, took place as well."

Source:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/personal-tech/g...
November 5, 2011 11:30:41 AM

Yeah well that was already revealed in the trailer.

No thoughts on my last post nameless?
November 5, 2011 2:01:58 PM

As of now, I can only agree with you that the black dude looks like CJ and that he should definitely be making an appearance in 5! :) 

Revisiting GTA3 does sound probable as it was their hit title (for that time). Thereafter, it was Vice City, so yeah, it's quite possible that Rockstar would want to cash in from GTA3.
November 5, 2011 2:45:17 PM

Keep on topic and be polite with each other. I don't want to close this thread.
November 5, 2011 5:34:57 PM

Just to be clear, refrain from attacking other posters. Argue all you like, but don't resort to insults or deprecation to make a point.
November 5, 2011 6:54:59 PM

CJ is in GTA 5 but too bad i dunno the main you gonna use XD

I wanted CJ to be the main one though because he's cool. xD
November 5, 2011 6:55:31 PM

I was wondering if the System Requirements is still the same . . . XD
November 5, 2011 7:00:11 PM

CJ isn't the main character. He won't be in the game. GTA V will be a completely different story and no characters from other GTA games will be involved.

The games looks great, but I hope you don't need an OCed i5 or i7 along with a GTX 580 or HD 6970 to max the game out with playable and consistent frames, and have it look great.
November 5, 2011 7:11:34 PM

AbdullahG said:
CJ isn't the main character. He won't be in the game. GTA V will be a completely different story and no characters from other GTA games will be involved.

The games looks great, but I hope you don't need an OCed i5 or i7 along with a GTX 580 or HD 6970 to max the game out with playable and consistent frames, and have it look great.

I haven't played it yet but i've ordered one though XD

i have i7-2600k and a 6970 and i hope it works perfectly ...
November 5, 2011 8:26:45 PM

AbdullahG said:

I already knew that CJ wasn't the main character but its interesting that you say that no characters from other GTA games will be involed. Where did you read this?

The game doesn't look much better than GTA 4 in the trailer, after all there isn't much more power to squeeze out of the consoles, so it all depends on how optimised the game is for PC, it should require a fair bit of power though to run maxed.
November 5, 2011 9:02:02 PM

Gothams Finest said:
I already knew that CJ wasn't the main character but its interesting that you say that no characters from other GTA games will be involed. Where did you read this?

The game doesn't look much better than GTA 4 in the trailer, after all there isn't much more power to squeeze out of the consoles, so it all depends on how optimised the game is for PC, it should require a fair bit of power though to run maxed.

I even have my doubts on my words, actually. R* said GTA V is:

"a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer,"

Correction, I cannot confirm if there will not be any old GTA characters. My apologies, though it seems like it.
November 5, 2011 10:39:50 PM

AbdullahG said:
I even have my doubts on my words, actually. R* said GTA V is:

"a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer,"

Correction, I cannot confirm if there will not be any old GTA characters. My apologies, though it seems like it.

Then I still think there is a good chance the main character is Claude from GTA 3.... The evidence: The "move for the weather" comment fits (Liberty City has poor weather), the character "going back to his old ways" and robbing the bank fit (beginning of GTA3), and the overall look of the character looks like Claude 10 years older since 2001's GTA 3. Also Claude appeared in a couple brief missions in San Andreas establishing him as a character there.
November 5, 2011 10:54:30 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Then I still think there is a good chance the main character is Claude from GTA 3.... The evidence: The "move for the weather" comment fits (Liberty City has poor weather), the character "going back to his old ways" and robbing the bank fit (beginning of GTA3), and the overall look of the character looks like Claude 10 years older since 2001's GTA 3. Also Claude appeared in a couple brief missions in San Andreas establishing him as a character there.

Makes sense actually. Also, with the family, there's Maria.
!