audio and video files skip

Everytime I try to listen to an audio file it skips. Same with a video
file. This even happens when i am listening to a cd on my comp. It als skips
when i am recording files using the microphone. My computer is really new
and i have plenty of memory. Any suggestions?
Danny
1 answer Last reply
More about audio video files skip

    "FIX: Playback of some AVI files skips in Windows Media Player"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327609

    "Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307918
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Danny7b" <Danny7b@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I try to listen to an audio file it skips. Same with a video
    > file. This even happens when i am listening to a cd on my comp. It als
    skips
    > when i am recording files using the microphone. My computer is really new
    > and i have plenty of memory. Any suggestions?
    > Danny

Audio Video Windows XP