justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Is anyone here following the development of Guild Wars 2? I mean I just can't wait any longer for the game to be released, everything looks picture perfect. I do respect arenanet for taking their time and making this game the best before release, but I am sometimes very impatient.

Who else is waiting eagerly for this game? Sometimes I feel like the only one on these forums haha..

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

You're not the only one, mate, I am watching that game closely myself. I hope it turns out to be all the things World of Warcraft isn't and then some. We'll see :)

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I check the blog everyday to see the latest news. They haven't really posted anything to interesting for the last 2 weeks or so which has gotten me worried a bit, since they seem to post something interesting every week. Maybe they are working really hard to release the last class, I hope.

thegame8019

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
From what I heard closed Alpha testing is going on right now to be followed by a short closed beta then a few weeks later by an open beta shortly before the release date. I hope it is worth the hype i have been playing GW since it came out in 04 while i was deployed Iraq and have been impatiently waiting for the release of the sequel since its original announcement. I love what i have heard so far about everything added and changed but i hope they don't add too much dynamics that it is so intensive it is unplayable , or resembles EVE online where you end up drained from no stop grinding.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Yeah but I think arenanet knows what they are doing. If their first game was so good, I do not think their second one will be bad. Probably a lot better than the first, I hope.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Also, I think the beta will be very short since they have been testing their game since like forever haha.
I have a pretty good feeling the game will be released Q1 2012, maybe around February, but I would really happy if it came in December 2011.

thegame8019

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011

On all the newsletters I get about GW2, and all the interviews I have seen with the designers, games-con, PC gamer, mmozines, they said it is going to be a very short Beta. I am looking forward to it everything shown so far makes it worth the wait, but as far as Anet knowing what they are doing, seriously........ look at how often they nerf lol.

not following too closely but waiting to try this game. I've seen some trailers and it looks fantastic, I'm probably going to be picking between GW2 and SWtoR, but I'm leaning towards this game so far.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I still play GW once in a while, but waiting for this game myself, looks really good and the gameplay looks promising as well.

at least to me, guildwars 2 is a huge dissapointment.

i know it is hard to judge a game which is not even out of alpha/beta yet but they changed the key elements which made the original guildwars great.

some elements (actually quite a few) i do like and are definitely an improvement but others severely crutch the game. these include such things as non-death, no triad, no support class (monks, rits) as well as having 4/5 skill slots tied to weapons with another tied to a heal. this severely limits build combinations you can make (which is what anet wants no doubt). oh and there are no secondary classes anymore.

i might be a minority here nowdays but some of us who played through the good days of gw (pre nightfall) feel much the same way. oh well, it was good while it lasted.

makingthemaker

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
Last I heard the open beta was supposed to be releasing this year, which would put the full release probably in q2 2012. Hopefully that is going to happen since it seems the release keeps getting pushed back (as is sadly the norm for games now....)

<< One more person excited for release

undeadlich

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

Not everyone,I know you say some of us but that "some of us" must be a small number. I have talked to a number of ppl in GW on a daily basis and I have maybe came accross maybe 10 ppl that werent excited about GW2. I have been playing GW since first beta of prophecies. I loved GW since, yes there are going to be changes that we are just gonna have to get used to but i can say GW2 discussion comes up a lot in our guild chat or alliance. There are a ton of us that cant wait for GW2. Thats like comparing the titanic to a canoe. Everyone that wants GW2 in the titanic and the rest in the canoe.

thegame8019

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011

I would have to agree. I play Guild Wars on a regular basis, played the beta of Proph. as well. Just about everyone I have talked to is looking forward to it and just about every change seems to me and everyone I see in game as a good thing. All they are trying to do is make it a more diverse game with a broader scope of challenges.