nVidia Graphic Card driver problem

It seems to be a general problem, nVidia Card drivers and Windows XP.
After many opinions and recommendations, I sorted out my problem.
My problem was Windows XP was crashing on the Welcome screen, after I slect
the profile, it simply stopped working.

I still not sure how I resolved the problem, but my last steps were:

1. Download lastest version of the driver from nVidia website
2. Install it in Windows XP being in Safe Mode
I tried to boot the computer after that, but it did not get it at all
3. Disabled all non-Microsoft Services by typing msconfig (Run screen) ->
Services -> ticked non Microsoft -> disable all
4. Boot computer again
5. Enabled the NVidia Service

When I got to start Windows in Normal Mode for the fist time after the
problem being sorted out, the warning screen reporting Windows XP has just
recovered from a critical problem, I chose to send the minidump across, then
IE6 opened in the Microsoft screen, the link to my specific problem is:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=11

Good Luck !!!
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia graphic card driver problem

    "Andrew Pontes" <AndrewPontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It seems to be a general problem, nVidia Card drivers and Windows XP.
    > After many opinions and recommendations, I sorted out my problem.
    > My problem was Windows XP was crashing on the Welcome screen, after I
    > slect
    > the profile, it simply stopped working.
    >
    > I still not sure how I resolved the problem, but my last steps were:
    >
    > 1. Download lastest version of the driver from nVidia website
    > 2. Install it in Windows XP being in Safe Mode
    > I tried to boot the computer after that, but it did not get it at all
    > 3. Disabled all non-Microsoft Services by typing msconfig (Run screen) ->
    > Services -> ticked non Microsoft -> disable all
    > 4. Boot computer again
    > 5. Enabled the NVidia Service
    >
    > When I got to start Windows in Normal Mode for the fist time after the
    > problem being sorted out, the warning screen reporting Windows XP has just
    > recovered from a critical problem, I chose to send the minidump across,
    > then
    > IE6 opened in the Microsoft screen, the link to my specific problem is:
    >
    > http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=11
    >
    > Good Luck !!!

    One of three suggestions...all are hardware related...
    1.) RAM is going bad in computer.
    2.) nVidia likes to have its own IRQ...you have a lot of devices plugged
    into PCI slots and might need to disable or reconfigure.
    3.) get a new BIOS flash for your motherboard.

Nvidia Microsoft Windows XP