nVidia Graphic Card driver problem

It seems to be a general problem, nVidia Card drivers and Windows XP.
After many opinions and recommendations, I sorted out my problem.
My problem was Windows XP was crashing on the Welcome screen, after I slect
the profile, it simply stopped working.

I still not sure how I resolved the problem, but my last steps were:

1. Download lastest version of the driver from nVidia website
2. Install it in Windows XP being in Safe Mode
I tried to boot the computer after that, but it did not get it at all
3. Disabled all non-Microsoft Services by typing msconfig (Run screen) ->
Services -> ticked non Microsoft -> disable all
4. Boot computer again
5. Enabled the NVidia Service

When I got to start Windows in Normal Mode for the fist time after the
problem being sorted out, the warning screen reporting Windows XP has just
recovered from a critical problem, I chose to send the minidump across, then
IE6 opened in the Microsoft screen, the link to my specific problem is:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=11

Good Luck !!!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Andrew Pontes" <AndrewPontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems to be a general problem, nVidia Card drivers and Windows XP.
> After many opinions and recommendations, I sorted out my problem.
> My problem was Windows XP was crashing on the Welcome screen, after I
> slect
> the profile, it simply stopped working.
>
> I still not sure how I resolved the problem, but my last steps were:
>
> 1. Download lastest version of the driver from nVidia website
> 2. Install it in Windows XP being in Safe Mode
> I tried to boot the computer after that, but it did not get it at all
> 3. Disabled all non-Microsoft Services by typing msconfig (Run screen) ->
> Services -> ticked non Microsoft -> disable all
> 4. Boot computer again
> 5. Enabled the NVidia Service
>
> When I got to start Windows in Normal Mode for the fist time after the
> problem being sorted out, the warning screen reporting Windows XP has just
> recovered from a critical problem, I chose to send the minidump across,
> then
> IE6 opened in the Microsoft screen, the link to my specific problem is:
>
> http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=11
>
> Good Luck !!!

One of three suggestions...all are hardware related...
1.) RAM is going bad in computer.
2.) nVidia likes to have its own IRQ...you have a lot of devices plugged
into PCI slots and might need to disable or reconfigure.
3.) get a new BIOS flash for your motherboard.